Table of Contents
Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) Strategies for Driver Monitoring Systems in Europe : Behavior-Based Systems to Remain Strong Until 2021 Despite Advanced Functionality of Inward-Facing Camera-Based Systems
Driver Monitoring Systems (DMS) analyze driver behavior, detect behavior patterns for micro-sleep, and issue appropriate warnings to alert and refocus the driver’s attention back to the road, thus working to reduce drowsiness-related crashes. DMS functions are achieved using data processed from the steering angle sensor, the sensors on the steering wheel, and a mono camera with lane assist. However, the industry is expected to move from using traditional sensors to camera-based systems. Several OEMs have realized the potential of systems which not only support additional DMS functionalities, but also act as a human machine interface and enhance the driver experience.
Key Questions This Study Will Answer
- What are the hardware options available to achieve driver monitoring functions? What are the OEM preferences by 2021?
- What are the possibilities of sensor integration with a subordinate ECU?
- What are the available functions in driver monitoring systems? What DMS features are expected to be incorporated in the future generation of passenger vehicles?
- Which are the top OEMs in Europe that are offering or planning to offer DMS in their vehicle lines? Which OEMs have plans to incorporate stereo camera-based systems?
- Which are the top Tier-I suppliers with a sturdy portfolio supporting DMS functions?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
IFrame The global advanced driver assistance systems market was valued at USD 22.69 billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD 78.19 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of over 28% during the forecast period ...
The global collision avoidance system market is expected to reach USD 18.97 billion by 2025, according to a new study conducted by Grand View Research, Inc. The updated ratings of safety agencies and incorporation ...
Trends, opportunities and forecast in this market to 2021 by product type (column assist EPS, single-pinion assist EPS, dual-pinion assist EPS and rack assist EPS), vehicle type (small Car, mid-Size Car, ...