Table of Contents
The mobile money market has been evolving quickly and the African region is witnessing the emergence of mobile banking services including savings, credit and insurance. Mobile money services has a huge potential for revenue generation for telcos, owing to relatively low penetration of banking services (around 29% of the population) and mobile phones (which is nearly 80% of the population). There were around 255 live mobile money services operating in 89 different countries in the region. Most of the leading operators in the region (like Safaricom, Orange, Vodacom etc) have developed their own mobile money services.
- The mobile savings market is driven by two distinct commercial models: the development of dedicated saving accounts, separated from the mobile wallet, and the distribution of interest based on money stored in the mobile wallet. In the second model, MNOs do not need to create specific partnerships with banks, and have full control of the operation.
- The mobile credit market has two commercial models: some MNOs have created strong partnerships with financial institutions to offer credit facilities via their mobile money systems, while others provide extra airtime when customers are running out of credit.
- Finally, the mobile insurance market offers four commercial models, ranging from the traditional pay for premium and freemium models, to the emergence of new commercial schemes.
'Mobile Banking Services in Africa: The Emergence of Mobile Savings, Credit and Insurance' report provides an overview of mobile banking services and covers the approach of telcos seeking to leverage the mobile banking opportunity.
It consists of
- Key challenges and opportunities surrounding regulatory frameworks.
- Overview of the current mobile money environment and factors including competition, product line extension and the emergence of business models for the provisioning of mobile banking services.
- Overview and discussion on the commercial models for mobile savings, credits and insurance including case studies for mobile savings, credits and insurance.
- Key analysis and findings based on the study of mobile banking services in the region and a set of recommendations for mobile operators.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain understanding of mobile banking services and its evolution in Africa, to succeed in the existing market.
- Align product portfolios by analyzing the various commercial models being used for mobile banking services.
- Fasten the decision making process by understanding the factors associated in the provisioning of mobile banking services.
- Gain understanding of the competitive landscape and successful strategies, to strengthen your positioning in the market wrt existing operators.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Mobile Payment Technologies Market: Overview This report provides an analysis of the global mobile payment technologies market for the period from 2014 to 2024, wherein the period from 2016 to 2024 ...
“Reduction in queuing & transaction time and increased convenience in making low value payments are driving the contactless payment market” The contactless payment market is estimated to grow from ...
This Persistence Market Research report examines the Global mobile payment transaction market for the period 2015- 2020. The primary objective is to offer updates on the advancement in mobile applications ...