Table of Contents
The report titled “India Wires and Cables Market Outlook to 2019 - Driven by Government Initiatives and Innovations in the Industry” provides a comprehensive analysis of the wires and cables market in India and covers various aspects such as market size of India wires and cables market, segmentation on the basis of application, types of cables, end users and volume of exports and imports for wires and cables. The report is useful for wires and cables manufacturers, retail chains, electrical equipments raw material manufacturers and new players venturing in the market.
Wires and cables industry in the India, which is largely driven by demand from retail segment and investment level of government, registered revenues of INR ~ million in FY’2013. With an advent of new wires and cables manufacturers in the industry, the revenues increased by 14.5% compared to FY’2013 where the total revenues was INR ~ million. Each segment in the wires and cables industry such as power cables, control cables, communication cables and others is subject to a gamut of different factors such as price cuts and number of units sold that play an important role in determining their respective revenues. The wires and cables industry in the India has grown at a CAGR of 16.7% from INR ~ million in FY’2009 to INR ~ million in FY’2014. The market for cables and wires in India faces challenges in terms of cheaper Chinese imports, readily available substitutes and others.
In FY’2014, electrical cables accounted for ~% of the Indian wires and cables industry amounting to INR ~ million, on the other side communication cables constituted only ~% of the market amounting to INR ~ million. Building Wires and Cables and Automotive cables contribute a majority of ~% and ~% respectively in FY’2014.
The India wires and cables market is comprised of various independent manufacturers that specialize in designing, manufacturing of their products. The wires and cables market in India is led by five major players including Polycab wires, Sterlite technologies, Finolex cables, KEI Industries and Havells India, who cover around ~% of organized market for wires and cables. Polycab sold ~ million units in FY’2014 followed by Sterlite technologies which sold ~ million units in the same year.
Technological advancements and product innovations across different segments as well as competitive pressures have been significantly changing the market. Revenues from the wires and cables industry in the India are expected to expand to INR ~ million in FY’2019 growing with a CAGR of 18.5% from FY’2014-FY’2019. The market is expected to grow in the coming years with increasing number of innovative product launches by the existing players, focusing on niche uses and convenience such as fire resistant (retardant) wires and cables, optical fibre cables and others. With the consumers becoming more perceptive towards value addition, providing products by anticipating the consumer needs in advance and broadening the appeal of the product to suit a variety of needs could prove vital for the growth of this industry in the coming years.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
- The market size of the wires and cables industry, power cables and control cables, Building Wires and Cables, Automotive Cables, UPS Cables, Winding PVC Cables, Optical Fibre Cables (OFCs), Jelly Filled Telephone Cables (JFTCs), Co-axial Cables and LAN Cables market
- The market size of the organized and unorganized players market.
- The market size of the residential and industrial use market.
- Market segmentation of the wires and cables market on the basis of type of cables, type of distribution, end usage demand and electric and telecommunication cables.
- Imports and Exports in the India wires and cables market.
- Trends and Development in the India wires and cables market.
- Government Regulations in the India wires and cables.
- Competitive landscape and detailed company profiles of the major manufacturers of wires and cables in India.
- Future outlook and projections of India wires and cables industry – end usage, type of cable. Distribution channel, on the basis of revenues in the India.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The expansion of the global AC motor industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 3.7%. Currently, AC motors ...
The expansion of the global AC generator industry is forecast to reach 0.6% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 0.7%. Currently, AC generators ...
The expansion of the global electric generating set industry is forecast to reach 1.5% p.a. in the coming years. Between 2010 and 2016 the market increased with an average annual growth of 1.2%. Currently, ...