Table of Contents
Maintenance and Aftermarket Preferences in Latin American Mining, 2015
Overall trends in the data revealed -
- While OEMs dominate the supply of strategic parts with 45% choosing purely OEMs and 54% a mix of OEMs and third parties, third parties have a greater penetration of non-strategic parts. Availability of spare parts is a key weakness for OEMs, which provides third parties with an opportunity to gain further share unless the OEMs improve their supply and logistics structures.
- After-sales equipment support preferences show over half (53%) of respondents want regular input from their manufacturer, whilst 35% prefer to outsource support work, the largest share of any mining region.
- Service contract preferences show miners favor operation and maintenance contracts (40%) ahead of the simpler maintenance-only contract (36%), while life cycle management is the least preferred but still favoured by 22% of respondents.
- Opportunities for life cycle management services are greatest within Peru and Brazil, and for the base metals and iron ore industries.
- The report is based on responses from a survey of over 100 senior decision makers at operating Latin American mines, responsible for the purchase of equipment for plant and mine operations, along with its consumables.
- Survey respondents came from 14 different countries including: Peru, Chile, Colombia, Brazil, Mexico, Venezuela, the Dominican Republic and Bolivia.
- This included four main commodity groups and a range of surface and underground mining operations.
Reasons to buy
- Understand mining companies’ use of original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) or third parties for equipment parts and for processing equipment needs. Also how these preferences vary by commodity, company size and country.
- Gain knowledge of mining company preferences for after-sales support structure, and identify the services required based on mine type, company size and commodity.
- Identify the service contract preferences of mines throughout Latin America, and compare across mine type, commodity group, country and company size.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The Economy of Kazakhstan is expected to grow at X.XX% by 2020. Kazakhstan is the worlds largest land locked state and the biggest economy in the central Asia region. The economy of Kazakhstan has suffered ...
Global Focused Ion Beam Market: Overview The factors which are primarily driving the growth of global Focused ion beam market are increasing application of focused ion beam systems in sample preparation ...
Global Ag Paste Market: Overview Ag paste is a uniformly dispersed mixture with multiple inorganic and organic components. It is well known for its highest electrical conductivity, thermal conductivity ...