Table of Contents
MediPoint: Bioabsorbable Scaffolds - Global Analysis and Market Forecasts
Coronary artery disease (CAD) and peripheral artery disease (PAD) are global public health and socioeconomic issues that affect millions of lives each year. Bioabsorbable scaffolds (BAS), which provide transient support to the vessel, are viable alternatives to permanent drug-eluting stents (DES) and bare metal stents (BMS) implants. In the report, BAS are defined as fully-bioabsorbable devices that are used in stenting procedures that completely disappear from the target vessel overtime. Stents such as BioMatrix Flex by Biosensors International and Synergy by Boston Scientific Corporation are not included in the report because they are metallic DES with bioabsorbable polymer coatings. Absorption of the bioabsorbable polymer coating still leaves behind a permanent BMS inside the vessel.
This report focuses on the BAS market in Europe (France, Germany, Italy, Spain, and the UK), India and Brazil, and the future markets of the US, China, and Japan. The global BAS markets are determined for the 10 countries covered in the report. This report identifies the unmet needs in the market, provides an understanding of physician perception of BAS, and evaluates the adoption of BAS in the future. Through GlobalData’s analysis, it is evident that although there will be early adopters in Europe and eventually in the US, the widespread adoption of BAS will be slow. Large-scale, long-term studies need to be conducted to demonstrate their clinical efficacy, and new stent technologies need to be integrated appropriately into the existing reimbursement systems throughout Europe and the US. To successfully market BAS, companies need to design novel scaffold platforms that address the current unmet needs of conventional drug-eluting and BMS, and show superior clinical performance to the stents that are currently marketed and being used in modern clinics.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future outlook of bioabsorbable scaffolds in developed and emerging markets?
- What trends are affecting the global bioabsorbable scaffold market?
- What are the market sizes of each bioabsorbable scaffold segment?
- What are unmet needs in the bioabsorbable scaffold market? What are the clinical and non-clinical barriers in this space?
- What is the physician perception and market outlook of bioabsorbable scaffolds, which are considered to be the fourth revolution in interventional cardiology?
Reasons to buy
- “What Do Physicians Think” quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Complete report $14,500. Individual company assessments $2,450. The report is available by company, section, market segment, and can be custom-tailored to your specific information needs and budget. ...
Use this report to: - Understand key market dynamics and the factors impacting the global medical device technologies market, including segments and subsegments. - Assess market revenues of the global ...
Brazil Diagnostic Imaging Market Outlook to 2022 - Angio Suites, Bone Densitometers, Computed Tomography (CT) Systems, Contrast Agents, Contrast Media Injectors, Mammography Equipment, Mobile C-Arms, MRI ...