Table of Contents
Viscosupplementation - APAC Analysis and Market Forecasts
Osteoarthritis (OA) constitutes a growing public health burden, and is the most common cause of musculoskeletal disability across the globe. Intra-articular viscosupplementation with hyaluronic acid (HA) has become an increasingly accepted therapeutic alternative to knee replacement surgery in the symptomatic management of OA over the past decade. Going forward, palliative pain treatments are likely to continue to fare well as healthcare reform kicks in and lag times for knee replacement become the norm. Growth of the viscosupplementation market will be highest in the US and the Asia-Pacific (APAC) region, where there is a significant pent-up demand for early intervention in the management of OA.
The increasing prevalence of OA and the lower cost of prescribing viscosupplementation compared with knee replacement surgery have prompted the medical community to take a closer look at this therapy. However, there is a growing concern among physicians that the updated American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and Osteoarthritis Research Society International (OARSI) treatment guidelines for knee OA will result in increased insurance denials for viscosupplementation. Moving forward, industry consolidation and intense competition in the viscosupplementation arena will cause increasing numbers of companies to augment their research efforts to differentiate their products from the lower-end competitors. The motivation to incorporate the favorable properties of different agents into a more effective viscosupplementation product has led to the manipulation and development of next-generation HA formulations consisting of not only HAs, but also pharmaceuticals, such as corticosteroids.
*This is an on-demand report and will be delivered within 4 working days (excluding weekends) of the purchase.
Key Questions Answered
- Future growth in the viscosupplementation market lies in the one-injection segment. What are the current adoption trends in different geographies? How will one-injection segment drive the market revenue growth in the upcoming years?
- Reimbursement is the single greatest barrier to the market growth for viscosupplementation procedures. How does the current payer mix look like in different countries?
- In recent years, there has been an expansion in the use of intra-articular HA viscosupplementation for treating OA at hips, shoulders, and other small joints. What are the current adoption trends in different regions?
- Because the most prevalent treatment regimen varies from region to region, the competitive landscape in the viscosupplementation space can be quite different across the geographies covered in this report. Who are the leading players in the viscosupplementation market in different countries?
Reasons to buy
- “What Do Physicians Think” quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Please note: this report requires certain updates. We have all the information available but require 4 business days to complete the process and ensure it is as up-to-date as possible.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This unique 68-country survey from VPGMarketResearch.com provides data and analysis not available from any other published source. The survey is designed to assist diagnostics industry executives, as well ...
This new 75-country survey from VPGMarketResearch.com provides granular data and analysis not available from any other published source. The survey is designed to help current suppliers and potential market ...
This new report from VPGMarketResearch.com provides granular analysis of the Europe diagnostic testing market, including Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, ...