Table of Contents
The Nordic region consists of some of the wealthiest nations in Europe - Denmark, Finland, Norway, and Sweden have seen sluggish growth in recent years, following this trend across Europe. Regional growth for 2014 was on average 1.4%, with Norway experiencing the highest growth because of continuing oil and gas profits. Consequently, this is reflected in the number of outbound trips among Nordic tourists, reaching 43.2 million in 2014, an increase of just 2.9%
- Regional cooperation among Nordic states is one of the strongest across the globe with formal unity among states relating to trade, the environment, defense, and tourism. As Nordic tourists have consistently visited their Nordic neighbors, the region has increased internal travel because of the Nordic Passport Union, which allows citizens of Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Finland, and Iceland to travel without any travel documentation
- With familiar settings and culture, the trend of traveling to neighboring Nordic countries is likely to continue. However, Nordic nationals have a tendency to spend far less on these trips, whereas at long-haul destinations they are one of the top spenders in Europe. With high income earnings set to continue alongside lengthy public holidays, there are plenty opportunities for European tourist boards to tap into this market; especially for top outbound destinations Germany and Greece
Canadean's report - “Source Market Insight: Nordic Region ” provides detailed information on the Nordic outbound tourism sector, analyzing market data and providing insights. This report provides a better understanding of tourism flows, expenditure, and the airline, hotel, car rental, and travel intermediaries industries.
What else does this report offer?
- Detailed market analysis, information, and insights, including:
- Historic and forecast tourist volumes and values covering the Nordic Region's outbound tourism sector
- Detailed analysis of tourist spending patterns for various categories in the travel and tourism sector, such as purpose of spending and top source markets.
- Detailed analysis of the market trends in the Nordic Region's outbound tourism sector.
Reasons To Buy
- Make strategic business decisions using historic and forecast market data related to the Nordic Region's Outbound Travel and Tourism sector
- Understand the demand-side dynamics within the industry to identify key market trends and growth opportunities
- Direct the promotional efforts on most promising markets by identifying the key source and destination countries
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
IATA offers you the timeliest reports for airline traffic monitoring, representing the entire industry and all regions. Monthly Statistics cover traffic figures for both passenger and cargo carriers, and ...
Egypt is one of the fastest growing and most promising economy in Africa. Egypt's high growth rate in recent years was driven by high international tourist inflow, growth in trade & logistics and ICT market. ...
Malaysia Medical Tourism Market: Overview In terms of revenue, the Malaysia medical tourism market is expected to register a CAGR of 30.5% during the forecast period, 2016–2024. The primary objective ...
United Arab Emi...