Table of Contents
The Italian market for baby food has experienced difficulties over the past few years, as the effects of the economic crisis have made themselves felt in reduced consumer spending and a trend towards lower-priced products or the substitution of home-made products for commercially prepared baby food. Demand for baby food has fallen for five years, and is expected to continue to do so over the next six years, largely due to the forecast decline in the number of births which will reduce the potential market for these products.
- Cereals will remain the smallest sector in the Italian baby food market, accounting for just 3.5% of overall consumption in 2020, and a slightly higher 4.1% by value.
- Over the period from 2008 to 2014, the brands now owned by Danone have seen their share increase from 32.2% to 34.7% in terms of value.
- The bulk of imports consist of cereals and milks (76% of volume imports in 2014), although imports of meat-based meals are also significant, accounting for 14% of volume imports in 2014.
“Baby Food in Italy” is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Italy market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global baby product market is expected to reach USD 121.0 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising spending capability in matured economies of North America and ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Baby Foods and Infant Formula in US$ by the following Product Segments: Infant Formula, RTE Foods, Dried Foods, and Others. The report provides separate comprehensive ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...