Table of Contents
Technology Investment Priorities in Latin American Mining, 2015
Overall trends in the data revealed -
- The primary technologies in which respondents plan to increase investments are specifically remote control/machine automation, productivity monitoring systems, equipment health monitoring, mine management software and communication products.
- At least 50% of respondents all 12 technologies in place at their sites.
- 20% of respondents are currently using autonomous vehicles, with a further 7% planning on implementing in less than 2 years. A share of 31% of respondents has no plans on using the vehicles in the forseeable future.
- Safety is the leading driver of technology investment,followed by productivity improvements and then cost reduction.
- The report is based on responses from a survey of 103 senior decision makers at operating Latin American mines, responsible for the purchase of equipment for plant and mine operations, along with its consumables.
- Survey respondents came from 14 different countries including: Peru, Chile, Colombia, Brazil, Mexico, Venezuela, the Dominican Republic and Bolivia. This included four main commodity groups and a range of surface and underground mining operations.
Reasons to buy
- Understand what factors most influence technology investment, and how this varies by commodity group, mine type, global company revenue and country.
- Target the segments with the greatest opportunity for your technology products and services.
- Segment the market according to those fully invested, those partially invested and those not considering investment for each technology.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
“Growing need for personal mobility in wake of rising urbanization and fall in car ownership are expected to fuel the demand for mobility on demand” The mobility on demand market is projected to grow ...
Global Autonomous Car Market: Overview This report on the global autonomous car market provides analysis for the period 2025–2035, wherein 2025 to 2035 is the forecast period. The report covers market ...
The Market is Expected to be Worth $83 Billion by 2025, With the Highest Investment Opportunities in Artificial Intelligence and Vision Sensors With the autonomous vehicle industry racing from zero to ...