Table of Contents
Mobile data services will be the most important growth driver, generating $9.1bn more revenue in 2015 than in 2014. Operators' focus on offering bundled services, diversified handset models and low 4G data tariffs will be the main factors driving growth of mobile data services in China over the forecast period. The top two operators, China Mobile and China Telecom, together will account for 71.3% of overall service revenue in 2015. Operators are focusing on launching integrated services combining fixed and mobile access to deliver higher-quality services to increase customer adoption and mitigate price reductions mandated by the regulator.
- China is the largest telecom services market in Asia Pacific region, with estimated revenue of US$190.0bn, or 1.7% of nominal GDP in 2015.
- Pyramid Research expects telecom service revenue to reach $241.2bn in 2020 (4.9% CAGR) driven by operators' investments in network expansions and 4.5/5G technology development.
- The revenue mix will continue to be dominated by mobile services due to on-going investments in 4G network rollouts.
- We project 3G subscriptions to decline due to increased customer migration to 4G networks as operators invest in LTE coverage and capacity expansion. LTE subscriptions will reach 1.2bn by year-end 2020, 79% of total mobile subscriptions in China.
“China: Amid Rising Competitive Pressures and Lower Prices, Operators Turn to Fixed and Mobile Broadband Bundles.” report provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in China today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into China's telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
The Country Intelligence Report provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Regional context: telecom market size and trends in China compared with other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in China.
- The regulatory environment and trends: a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans, number portability and more.
- A demand profile: analysis as well as historical figures and forecasts of service revenue from the fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice, mobile data.
- Service evolution: a look at changes in the breakdown of overall revenue between the fixed and mobile sectors and between voice, data and video from 2013 to 2020.
- The competitive landscape: an examination of key trends in competition and in the performance, revenue market shares and expected moves of service providers over the next 18-24 months.
- Segment analysis: a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by network technology and by operator, as well as in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and mobile data as of average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities: this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in China's telecommunications markets.
Reasons To Buy
- Gain in-depth analysis of current strategies and future trends of China's telecommunications market, service providers and key opportunities in a concise format, to build proactive and profitable growth strategies.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in China's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer's demand.
- Leverage the graphical information (more than 20 charts and tables in the report based on the Pyramid Research forecast products), to gain an overview of the Chinese telecom market.
- Analysis of key telecom players in the markets and major business strategies being adopted by them, to identify the opportunities to improve the market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet the requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in China.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Cellular data traffic in Sub-Saharan Africa will be over 9 times higher in 2021 than in 2016 – this growth will be key to mobile operators' future prospects." Mobile network operators in Sub-Saharan ...
"Cellular data traffic in the Middle East and North Africa will be 484% higher in 2021 than in 2016 – mobile operators must monetise this growth." Mobile network operators in the Middle East and North ...