Table of Contents
Sensory ingredients give personal care products their pleasurable feel. Without them, skincare formulations would be dry and drag on the skin, or conversely feel tacky and greasy. This report assesses the potential of sensory benefits in personal care products by examining consumer demand and analysing manufacturer innovation in terms of ingredients, technology and finished products.
- Use survey data to assess areas of consumer demand and consider which trends will move the market.
- Understand manufacturer interest and areas of focus by assessing the opinion of industry executives.
- Analyse current innovation and identify areas of opportunity.
- Consider what personal care products of the future will need to do to attract consumer interest.
- Consider which personal care categories are most likely to benefit from sensorial innovation.
Reasons To Buy
- How do consumers of different nationalities perceive and prioritize sensory benefits? What sensations do consumers want and why?
- Which ingredients offer future potential for innovation? What sensations will be used in the future?
- What retailing and online opportunities exist to enable consumers to discover and sample textures?
- Which products and manufacturers represent current innovation in this field?
The importance of sensory effects goes beyond making consumers feel good. One feature of modern society is consumers' desire for immediate results. Skincare manufacturers address this demand by providing pleasurable textures and fragrances and the feeling of an instant effect through ingredients that tighten, tingle or feel warm on the skin.
One in five global consumers enjoy spending time on their personal routine - products that offer pleasurable sensorial benefits will appeal. Indeed, demand for products with refreshing effects has been increasing for years. The cooling sensation is linked with health by North Americans, purity by Asians and skin-firming effects by Europeans.
Emerging markets have become an important source of beauty ingredients and for the search for exciting new textural sensations. For example, ghassoul, sourced from the Atlas Mountain region of Morocco, is a natural mineral clay which has been used by Moroccan women for centuries to clean the body, moisturize the skin and tighten pores.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The global aerosol market size is expected to reach USD 123.98 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Increasing demand for aerosol products for packaging products such ...
Trends, opportunities and forecast in this market to 2021 by UV filter type (organic, inorganic), by UV filter ingredient type (EHMC, BMBM, ZNO, TiO2, OCR, HMS, others], transportation), by UV filte ...
About Halal Cosmetics Halal cosmetics and personal care products are widely recognized for their purity and quality assurance, which are also adding to the growth of global halal cosmetics market. Fo ...