Table of Contents
The emerging markets middle-class consumer faces extremes in virtually every aspect of daily life: climate, retail conditions, the availability of basic utilities like electricity, clean water and sanitary sewers, and the pace of change. This report analyzes how attitudes towards FMCG products are affected in order to help marketers make better product development and marketing decisions.
- Identifies the top opportunities across the home care, laundry and beauty sectors in 15 emerging markets.
- Highlights key economic, cultural, and other variables affecting product purchasing behaviors in each country.
- Analyzes consumer attitudes such as brand preference, spending priorities, cleaning concerns and personal appearance priorities.
- Benchmarks the readiness of consumers to purchase new and better products, by category and country.
- Showcases examples of innovations that have successfully tapped the identified areas of opportunity.
Reasons To Buy
- How do brand preferences vary across product types and countries and how should this information be applied to market entry and innovation strategies?
- As their income rises, what types of product and service are being given highest spending priority by consumers in emerging markets?
- What percentage of men versus women personally buy personal/beauty care and home care products in each of the emerging markets?
- How do variables like ethnicity, religion, education, sanitation and so on impact consumer purchasing behavior across the emerging markets?
- How satisfied are consumers with the products available to them and how can areas of dissatisfaction be targeted with new products?
Across the 15 emerging markets studied, the percentage of consumers who personally buy household cleaning products ranges from 23% in Egypt to 54% in Argentina. Purchase incidence is largely driven by environmental conditions and attitudes about cleaning.
The relatively low penetration of laundry products in the lower end EMs reflects the low penetration of washing machines (less than 25% in Vietnam, Sri Lanka and Central Africa). As washing machine penetration grows, so does the demand for more specialized laundry products.
Male grooming products are a high growth potential category, particularly in Asia. At present, the markets of top opportunity where male purchasing of beauty products is highest are Angola (52%), Colombia (43%), Thailand (42%) and Bangladesh (41%).
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
About Contract Cleaning Services The global contract cleaning services market is expected to be driven by an increasing demand from key end-users such as commercial office buildings, transportation, healthcare ...
Specialized Commercial and Service Machinery Manufacturing, Including Cleaning, Laundry and Automobile (Car) Washing Equipment Industry (U.S.): Analytics, Extensive Financial Benchmarks, Metrics and Revenue ...