Table of Contents
This report examines global sugar consumption trends, consumer perception of sugar content of various food and drinks and sugar related health claims by using data from Canadean Consumer's Q4 Consumer Survey 2014 and proprietary dataset of sugar consumption in 25 markets.
- Includes proprietary data that shows overall sugar consumption in grams per capita per day from 25 markets globally
- Offers insight into consumer perception about the sugar content of various food and drinks including dairy, carbonates, and alcohol
- Gain an understanding of influential sugar-related claims that drive purchase of food and drink products
- Draw inspiration from case studies that showcase best-in-class innovations in naturally sweetened and low in sugar examples from across the globe
Reasons To Buy
- Where in the world is sugar consumption lowest and highest?
- Which sugar-related claim is most appealing to consumers when shopping for food and drink?
- How does consumer perception about the sugar content of food and drink vary by category?
- How do consumer preferences for certain types of sugar-related claims stack up against actual innovation in various food and drink categories?
Brazilians lead the way in terms of sugar consumption, consuming 159 grams of sugar per capita per day on average. Daily sugar consumption in India, Indonesia, UAE and Spain is low in comparison to other countries.
British consumers find the sugar content of ready meals to be high. In contrast, Americans are more likely to consider bread and bakery products to have high sugar content.
Consumers aged 25-34 rank “free from artificial sweetener” claims most appealing when choosing food and drinks.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Molasses (Syrups & Spreads) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Global Molasses (Syrups & Spreads) Market - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast ...
Molasses (Syrups & Spreads) Market in Europe - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and Forecast Analytics Summary "Molasses (Syrups & Spreads) Market in Europe - Outlook to 2020: Market Size, Growth and ...
“The industrial alcohol market projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.8% during the forecast period” The industrial alcohol market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 9.8% from 2017, to reach USD 180.83 billion ...