Table of Contents
military and public safety infrastructure. Uses of ETD include air-sea-land transportation security, force protection, law enforcement, critical infrastructure protection and public safety.
The Global Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection (ETD) Technologies & Market – 2015-2020,Focus on U.S. report includes two areas:
1. An overview of the Global 2011-2020 ETD market including size data and analysis
2. A granulated analysis of the U.S. market, its business eco systems and the technologies in this sector
According to the report, the U.S. ETD market is forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 8.9% during 2014-2020. This growth is driven by the following factors:
- The need to annually screen billions of baggage and luggage items at air- and seaports
- ETD systems replacement market
- The increase in demand for ETD devices – with over 5,500 U.S. transportation-related screening lanes
- Steady growth of airport passengers and air cargo traffic across U.S.
- Growing aftersale revenues (e.g., maintenance, consumables) from ETD devices installed in the USA
- Demand increase for the use of ETD systems at public venues such as public gathering locations
- First responders need for effective bomb search technologies
- Narcotics trafficking
- The threat of IEDs
Homeland Security Research Corporation analysts forecast that the Global ETD market (including systems sales, service, consumables and upgrades) will present multibillion-dollar business opportunities, growing at a 2014-2020 CAGR of 12.7%.
The report examines each dollar spent in the U.S. ETD market via 2 orthogonal money trails:
1. By 3 Vertical Markets:
- Transportation Security
- Secured Facilities
- Other Applications
2. By 2 Revenue Sources:
- New Product / System Sales
- Aftersale Revenues
In addition, the report examines each dollar spent in the Global ETD market via 2 orthogonal money trails:
1. By 3 Global Vertical Markets:
- Global Transportation Security
- Global Secured Facilities
- Global Other Applications
2. By 2 Revenue Sources:
- Global New Product / System Sales
- Global Aftersale Revenues
This Global Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection (ETD) Technologies & Market – 2015-2020, Focus on U.S. report is a resource for executives with interests in the industry. It has been explicitly customized for industry decision makers to identify business opportunities, developing technologies, market trends and risks, as well as to benchmark business plans.
Questions answered in this 381 page report include:
- What will the U.S. and global markets size be in 2015-2020?
- What are the main Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection technology trends?
- Where and what are the Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection market opportunities?
- What are the market drivers and inhibitors?
- Who are the key ETD vendors?
- What are the challenges to the Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection market?
The Global Explosives & Narcotics Trace Detection (ETD) Technologies & Market – 2015-2020, Focus on U.S. report presents in 381 pages, 60 tables and 71 figures, analysis of current and pipeline technologies and 24 leading vendors. The report presents for each submarket 2011-2014 data, analyses and projects the 2015-2020 market and technologies from several perspectives, including:
- Business opportunities and challenges
- SWOT analysis
- Market size and analysis (e.g., market dynamics, market drivers and inhibitors)
- Product price lists, including list prices and U.S. government prices of 100’s systems and consumables
- Current and pipeline technologies:
Ion Mobility Spectroscopy (IMS), ChemiLuminescence (Thermal Energy Analyzers), Electron Capture Detectors (ECD), Surface Acoustic Wave (SAW), Nanotechnology-enabled Technologies for Explosives Detection, Advanced Sample Collection, Dual Sensor ETD Technology, Chemical Warfare and Narcotics Trace Detectors, Receptor-based Technologies, Molecularly Imprinted Polymers, Nano-mechanical Sensors, Electronic Nose, Silica Micro-cantilever, Surface Enhanced Raman Scattering, Protein Coated Carbon Nanotubes, Piezo-resistive Polymer Cantilever, Inkjet Based Wireless ETD Sensor, Amino-silane Coated Nanowires Arrays, Free-surface Microfluidic Control of Surface-Enhanced Raman Spectroscopy, Molecularly Imprinted Polymers, Cantilever Nano Mechanical Sensors, Sensor Array and Neural Network, Temperature-Stepped Desorption, UV-PLF, Non-Contact Explosives Harvesting, Pulsed-Ultraviolet Laser Raman Spectroscopy, Nanowire-Nano-cluster Hybrids, Laser-Induced Breakdown Spectroscopy (LIBS), MEMS-Based Explosive Particle Detection, Remote Particle Stimulation, Laser Vaporization
- Companies operating in the market:
Auto Clear US (Formerly Control Screening LLC), Biosensor Applications AB, DetectaChem, LLC, Electronic Sensor Technology, Hitachi, Ltd, ICx Technologies (Flir), Implant Sciences Corp., Ion Applications, Inc., Ketech Defence, Mistral Security, Inc, Morpho Detection Inc., NUCTECH Co. Ltd, Red X Defense, SCANNA MSC Ltd., Scent Detection Technologies, Scintrex Trace, Sibel Ltd, Smiths Detection, Syagen Technology, Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc., Westminster International Ltd.
For readers who wish to acquire more information, the report includes 10 in-depth appendices:
Appendix A: ETD Product Comparison
Appendix B: ETD Products – Prices and Procurement Contracts
Appendix C: TSA Air Cargo Facility Regulations
Appendix D: TSA Checked Luggage Systems
Appendix E: TSA Checked Luggage Systems
Appendix F: The DOJ ETD Evaluation Protocol for 1st Responders
Appendix G: TSA Air Cargo Screening Technology List (ACSTL)
Appendix H: List of Authorized Air-Cargo on Passenger Plans Screening Facilities
Appendix I: Narcotics Trafficking
Appendix J: Glossary
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Use this report to: - Analyze nanocomposites that are in commercial use or under development, associated technologies and applications. - Provide suppliers of advanced materials, entrepreneurs, investors ...
The biomaterials market is projected to reach 149.17 billion by 2021 million from 70.90 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 16.0%. Factors such as increasing funds and grants by governments worldwide, rising ...
“The self-healing materials market is projected to grow at a CAGR of 95.0% during the forecast period” The global self-healing materials market is projected to reach USD 2,447.7 million by 2021, at ...