Table of Contents
Pyramid Research estimates that total telecom services revenue in the Democratic Republic of the Congo (DRC) will be US$1.8bn in 2015. Over the next five years, we expect DRC's total market revenue to grow at a CAGR of 9.4%, to reach $2.8bn in 2020. Despite lower PPP-adjusted GDP per capita, the DRC's telecom market size is larger than that of regional markets including Sudan, Tanzania and Cameroon. Service revenue growth in the DRC over the next five years will be primarily driven by the continued growth in subscription acquisition as operators continue to expand their mobile networks into rural regions. Currently, the majority of network coverage is concentrated in urban regions. Mobile subscription population penetration will grow from an estimated 67.4% in 2015 to about 110% by 2020.
- The telecommunications market in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC) will generate an estimated $1.8bn in service revenue in 2015, 26.7% more than in 2014. Mobile voice and data continue to account for the lion's share of overall revenue. Mobile data is expected to grow to $249m in 2015, up 62.4% from 2014.
- Pyramid Research expects overall service revenue to grow at a CAGR of 9.4% between 2015 and 2020. Growth in service revenue will largely be driven by increasing mobile subscription population penetration, which will grow from an estimated 67.4% in 2015 to 109.9% in 2020.
- Investment opportunity in the DRC market is largely related to helping operators to expand network coverage across the country.
- Vendors have an opportunity to provide managed services to enable operators to reduce operational and capital expenditures. Device vendors have an opportunity to target the rapidly increasing mobile subscriber base by offering low-cost handsets through developing new distribution channels and increasing points of sale.
“DRC: Continued Mobile Network Expansion in the Provinces Will Support Subscriber Growth” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in the DRC today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the DRC telecom market, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- The DRC in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the Africa and Middle Eastern region
- Economic, demographic and political context in the DRC
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to foreign ownership restrictions, fiber rollout regulations, interconnection regulations and more
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and data
- The service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice and data in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period
- The competitive landscape; an examination of key trends in competition and service providers' performance, revenue market shares and expected moves over the next 18-24 months
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the DRC's telecommunications markets.
Reasons To Buy
- Provides an overview of the DRC telecom market through a combination of quantitative and qualitative insights. The graphical information consists of more than 20 charts and tables derived from Pyramid Research's forecast products.
- Build profitable growth strategies by leveraging the analysis which includes an examination of current player strategies and the future trends of the DRC telecommunications market.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in the DRC's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer demand.
- Gain insights on key telecom players in the market and their strategies to grow market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet customer requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in the DRC.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Cellular data traffic in Sub-Saharan Africa will be over 9 times higher in 2021 than in 2016 – this growth will be key to mobile operators' future prospects." Mobile network operators in Sub-Saharan ...
"Cellular data traffic in the Middle East and North Africa will be 484% higher in 2021 than in 2016 – mobile operators must monetise this growth." Mobile network operators in the Middle East and North ...