Table of Contents
Countries in the Asia-Pacific region have varied but low awareness levels of session initiation protocol (SIP) trunk technology, which has led to low adoption levels across the region when compared with other regions such as North America and Europe.
- Australia and New Zealand have relatively higher adoption of SIP trunks, Singapore and Hong Kong have medium levels, while China and Malaysia have low adoption levels but a high potential market for the technology.
- Although SIP trunking is not new in the region, very few providers are proactively offering it. Other providers offer it to customers as a retention strategy.
- Traditional telephony systems and security remain the top constraining factor for the adoption of SIP trunking in the region.
- SIP trunking has potential to save more than % on telecommunication costs over ISDN lines and offers various benefits that include scalability, number portability, and support to mobility, as well as delivers better management console and capability to IT managers.
- Third-party vendor solutions that offer enterprise session border control (E-SBC) help solve the problem of security by providing an embedded firewall. E-SBC also allows businesses to take one step at a time while transitioning from an ISDN PRI/BRI line to a SIP trunk.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Growth Momentum Powered by Global Vendors and Emerging Markets The Asia-Pacific enterprise telephony market was worth $992.4 million in H1 2016. This study analyzes trends, vendor market performance, vertical ...
Is the On-premise Telephony Market Making a Come Back? The Asia-Pacific enterprise telephony market is estimated to grow from $1,976.0 million in 2015 to $2,103.2 million in 2022. This study analyzes trends, ...
The 2017 North American Cable Assembly Manufacturers report is a 1,200-page report, in PDF format, containing profiles on 1,105 companies in the United States, Canada, and Mexico that manufacture cable ...