Table of Contents
US Ambulatory Electronic Health Record Market: 2015–2020 : What to Expect as the Focus Shifts from Adoption to Optimization
This study analyzes trends in the US ambulatory electronic health records (EHR) market, predicts changes in market measurements through 2020, and provides an analysis of challenges facing market participants. Value-based reimbursement provisions, payer consolidation, and EHR optimization agendas will accelerate adoption among ambulatory practices. Large practices and hospitals will continue to acquire smaller practices to maintain profitability and enhance market share. On-premise EHR’s lack of productivity and low return on investment will compel practices to switch to cloud-based platforms, which are cost competitive in the short term, remotely accessible, and more compatible to practice healthcare information technology.
Key Findings—What Triggered EHR Adoption
Providers prefer advanced EHR features that do the following:
o Automate data entry
o Drive patient engagement o Ensure clinical information interoperability o Support clinical decisions
o Execute billing management and complement data analytics
- The overarching objective is to position EHR as a potential population health management (PHM) enabler.
- Value-based reimbursement (VBR) guidelines, EHR meaningful use (MU) incentives, the rising aging population, and expanding the Affordable Care Act (ACA) coverage predominantly catalysed EHR adoption among ambulatory practices.
- These developments will increase the demand for healthcare services substantially by 2020. As a result, the gap of physician supply-demand will continue to be prolonged. By 2025, an additional to physicians ( % of the total) will be required to cater to the growing demand for healthcare services.
Key Questions this Study will Answer
- How is the ambulatory EHR market undergoing transformational changes because of regulatory and technological advances?
- How is the EHR solution being implemented and optimized by ambulatory healthcare providers?
- What are the prominent drivers and restraints impacting the ambulatory EHR market in the United States over the next 5 years?
- What is the operational and financial potential of different ambulatory EHR end-user segments in the United States?
- Who are the key EHR vendors in the US market, and what are their core product and service propositions?
- What are the key cost components driving the price of EHR? How do the different price models, contract models, and engagement models play in the industry?
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
The population health management market is projected to reach USD 42.54 billion by 2021 from USD 13.85 billion in 2016, at a CAGR of 25.2% in the next five years (2016 to 2021). The healthcare industry ...
The global E-Medical Records market is estimated to be USD 13.64 billion in 2016 and is projected to reach USD 22.01 billion by 2021, growing at a CAGR of 10.03% during the forecast period from 2016 to ...
The Global Electronic Health Records is poised to grow at a CAGR of around 6.1% over the next decade to reach approximately $36.3 million by 2025. Some of the prominent trends that the market is witnessing ...