Table of Contents
The telecom market in Uganda is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.9% during 2015-2020 to reach $1.7bn by 2020. Mobile voice will continue to be the largest revenue generator, contributing 68.0% to overall revenue in 2015. The top two operators, MTN and Airtel, will account for 88.9% of overall service revenue in 2015. 2G will be the most dominant technology in 2015, accounting for 78.7% of subscriptions. However, its share of total subscriptions will decrease over the forecast period due to the increasing popularity of 3G and 4G services. Mobile services will continue to dominate the market, accounting for 92% of total service revenue in 2020. Data will increasingly contribute to total revenue, generating more than half of telecom revenue in 2020.
- The telecom market in Uganda is expected to generate service revenue of $1.1bn in 2015, a 2.4% increase from 2014, driven by growth in mobile services revenue. Total market revenue will grow at a CAGR of 8.9% during the forecast period.
- Mobile voice will be the largest revenue contributing segment, accounting for 68.0% of total revenue in 2015 and will grow at a CAGR of 1.7% during 2015-2020. The increasing popularity of mobile money services and coverage expansion will be the main growth drivers in mobile subscriptions in the coming years.
- Fixed services have a low population penetration rate, and fixed revenue makes up 7.8% of total market revenue. Fixed voice services revenue is expected to continue declining. However, this will be offset by the rapid growth of fixed broadband services, which will grow at a CAGR of 9.5% during the forecast period supported by initiatives to improve the ICT infrastructure in Uganda.
“Uganda: Mobile Money, Mobile Data and Fixed Infrastructure Developments to Drive Telecom Market” provides an executive-level overview of the telecommunications market in Uganda today, with detailed forecasts of key indicators up to 2020. It delivers deep quantitative and qualitative insight into the telecom market of Uganda, analyzing key trends, evaluating near-term opportunities and assessing risk factors, based on proprietary data from Pyramid Research's databases.
It provides in-depth analysis of the following:
- Uganda in a regional context; a comparative review of market size and trends with that of other countries in the region.
- Economic, demographic and political context in Uganda.
- The regulatory environment and trends; a review of the regulatory setting and agenda for the next 18-24 months as well as relevant developments pertaining to spectrum licensing, national broadband plans and more.
- A demand profile; analysis as well as forecasts and historical figures of service revenue from fixed telephony, broadband, mobile voice and data markets.
- Service evolution; a look at the change in the breakdown of overall revenue by fixed and mobile sectors and by voice and data in the current year as well as the end of the forecast period.
- An in-depth sector analysis of fixed telephony and broadband services, mobile voice and data services; a quantitative analysis of service adoption trends by technology/platform as well as operator, average revenue per line/subscription and service revenue through the end of the forecast period.
- Main opportunities; this section details the near-term opportunities for operators, vendors and investors in the telecommunications market in Uganda.
Reasons To Buy
- Provides an overview of the Uganda telecom market through a combination of quantitative and qualitative insights. The graphical information consists of more than 20 charts and tables derived from Pyramid Research's forecast products.
- Build profitable growth strategies by leveraging the analysis that includes an examination of current player strategies and the future trends of the Uganda telecommunications market.
- Understand the factors behind ongoing and upcoming trends in Uganda's mobile communications, fixed telephony and broadband markets, including the evolution of service provider market shares, to align product offerings and strategies to meet customer demand.
- Gain insights on key telecom players in the market and their strategies to grow market share.
- Explore novel opportunities to align your product strategies and offerings to meet customer requirements and succeed in the challenging telecommunications market in Uganda.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
"The rate of annual growth worldwide will decline persistently over the forecast period, falling from 78% in 2015 to 30% in 2021." Cellular data traffic growth will continue to be stronger in emerging ...
"Cellular data traffic in Sub-Saharan Africa will be over 9 times higher in 2021 than in 2016 – this growth will be key to mobile operators' future prospects." Mobile network operators in Sub-Saharan ...
"Cellular data traffic in the Middle East and North Africa will be 484% higher in 2021 than in 2016 – mobile operators must monetise this growth." Mobile network operators in the Middle East and North ...