Table of Contents
EpiCast Report: Peripheral Arterial Disease - Epidemiology Forecast to 2024
Peripheral artery disease (PAD) refers to conditions that result in the obstruction of blood flow in the arteries, predominantly in the coronary and intercranial vessels, and may also refer to complications with the extracranial carotid circulation and the upper extremity arteries. However, the general focus of PAD research is on chronic arterial occlusive disease of the arteries in the legs, primarily caused by atherosclerosis. PAD is typically divided into four clinical stages with increasing degrees of severity: Stage I, Stage II, Stage III, and Stage IV based on the Fontaine classification.
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast an increase in the total prevalent cases of PAD in the 8MM, from 66,433,407 in 2014 to 94,490,894 cases in 2024 with an annual growth rate (AGR) of 4.22%. Additionally the number of diagnosed incident cases of PAD is expected to grow from 7,900,097 cases in 2014 to 10,797,781 cases in 2024 at an AGR of 3.67%.
GlobalData epidemiologists used comprehensive country-specific data from population-based studies, which were published in peer-reviewed journal articles, to arrive at a meaningful, in-depth analysis and forecast for the total and diagnosed prevalent cases of PAD, asymptomatic and symptomatic cases of PAD, PAD cases with IC, cases of PAD with CLI, cases of PAD with comorbid hypertension, and cases of PAD with comorbid diabetes. Additionally, sex- and age-specific segmentation for the total prevalent cases and the diagnosed prevalent cases of PAD was obtained. Furthermore, GlobalData epidemiologists ensured that all the studies used to obtain the data regarding the total prevalence of PAD across the 8MM used the gold standard diagnosis definition, where patients are only considered to have PAD if they have an ABPI less than or equal to 0.9, thereby allowing for meaningful comparisons of the segmentation populations across the 8MM.
- The Peripheral Arterial Disease (PAD) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors, comorbidities, and global trends for PAD in the eight major markets (8MM) (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK, Japan, and Urban China). It includes a 10-year epidemiological forecast of the total and diagnosed prevalent cases of PAD segmented by sex and age (beginning at 35 years and ending at =85 years) in these markets. Additionally, both the total and diagnosed prevalent cases of PAD are further segmented in symptomatic PAD, asymptomatic PAD, PAD with intermittent claudication (IC), PAD with critical limb ischemia (CLI), PAD with hypertension, and PAD with diabetes.
- The PAD epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 8MM.
Reasons to buy
The PAD EpiCast report will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global PAD market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global PAD market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the sex and age groups that present the best opportunities for PAD therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Black Swan Analysis Epiomic™ Epidemiology Series Forecast Report on Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus in 12 Major Markets Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus (T1DM) is a multisystem disease that progressively destroys the ...
DelveInsight’s Diabetic Gastroparesis - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease and global market trends of the Diabetic Gastroparesis fo ...
Note*: This report requires 5 business days to complete. DelveInsight’s Diabetic foot ulcers (DFUs) - Market Insights, Epidemiology and Market Forecast-2023” Reports provides an overview of the disease ...