Table of Contents
Bioabsorbable Scaffolds - US Analysis and Market Forecasts
Coronary artery disease (CAD) and peripheral artery disease (PAD) are global public health and socioeconomic issues that affect millions of lives each year. Bioabsorbable scaffolds (BAS), which provide transient support to the vessel, are viable alternatives to permanent drug-eluting stents (DES) and bare metal stents (BMS) implants. In the report, BAS are defined as fully-bioabsorbable devices that are used in stenting procedures that completely disappear from the target vessel overtime. Stents such as BioMatrix Flex by Biosensors International and Synergy by Boston Scientific Corporation are not included in the report because they are metallic DES with bioabsorbable polymer coatings. Absorption of the bioabsorbable polymer coating still leaves behind a permanent BMS inside the vessel.
This report focuses on the future US Market, as BASs are currently unavailable. This report identifies the unmet needs in the market, provides an understanding of physician perception of BAS, and evaluates the adoption of BAS in the future. Large-scale, long-term studies need to be conducted to demonstrate their clinical efficacy, and once approved new stent technologies need to be integrated appropriately into the existing reimbursement systems within the US before widespread adoption will be seen. To successfully market BAS, companies need to design novel scaffold platforms that address the current unmet needs of conventional drug-eluting and BMS, and show superior clinical performance to the stents that are currently marketed and being used in modern clinics.
*This is an on-demand report and will be delivered within 4 working days (excluding weekends) of the purchase.
Key Questions Answered
- What is the current and future market outlook for Bioabsorbable Scaffolds in the US region? What trends are affecting the Bioabsorbable Scaffold market?
- What are the market sizes of each bioabsorbable scaffold segment?
- What clinical factors and technical specifications will influence a physician to use bioabsorbable scaffolds over conventional DES and BMS stents?
- What are unmet needs in the bioabsorbable scaffold market? What are the clinical and non-clinical barriers in this space?
Reasons to buy
- “What Physicians Think” quotes provide a unique insight into how healthcare professionals are reacting to events within the industry, and what their responses could mean for industry strategists. In this report you will understand the perceptions of leading physicians and other stakeholders from around the world. This information is essential for all strategic decision makers in every organization allowing them to act on high quality information.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This unique 68-country survey from VPGMarketResearch.com provides data and analysis not available from any other published source. The survey is designed to assist diagnostics industry executives, as well ...
This new 75-country survey from VPGMarketResearch.com provides granular data and analysis not available from any other published source. The survey is designed to help current suppliers and potential market ...
This new report from VPGMarketResearch.com provides granular analysis of the Europe diagnostic testing market, including Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, ...