Table of Contents
Wealth in Germany: HNW Customers analyzes the profile of German HNW individuals, from their investments to product demand to source of wealth. This report is based on our 2014 Global Wealth Managers Survey. The results of the survey are accompanied by best-practice case studies on how to target German HNW individuals where applicable.
- Understand the major sources of HNW wealth in Germany and the industries from which it has been amassed.
- Interpret the investment portfolios of German HNW individuals through detailed asset allocation analysis.
- Evaluate product and service demand among German HNW individuals, from discretionary asset management to art advisory and philanthropy.
- Analyze the best methods to capture new German HNW clients and how best to maintain communication during the client relationship.
Reasons To Buy
- How do German HNW individuals amass their wealth?
- What investments make up an average German HNW investment portfolio?
- Which wealth management products and services are in demand in Germany?
- How often do German wealth managers contact their clients through email, social media, or face-to-face meetings?
- How do German HNW individuals compare to their global peers?
The majority of German HNW wealth is derived from family business owners, but there is also a significant amount of wealth drawn from earned income, first-generation entrepreneurship, and inheritance. The most prominent industries from which individuals have amassed wealth are manufacturing, transport/shipping, retail/wholesale, and construction.
German HNW individuals invest heavily into corporate bonds, equities, direct property, and domestic government bonds. They prefer direct investments as opposed to investment in funds. Over the next two years, HNW allocation into equities is expected to increase significantly at the expense of bond investments across the market.
A relationship manager's own contacts are the most common means for attracting new clients to German wealth managers. Almost one third of wealth managers have monthly face-to-face contact with their clients, and communication is most frequent via email. The majority of players do not have a social media strategy in place.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Summary The wealth management industry has been undergoing transformation since the financial crisis, and 2017 will be another year marked with changes to business models and the way providers interact ...
Summary Globally over half of HNW investment portfolios are placed in discretionary mandates. However, the uptake of these services differs by country. While wealth managers in developed economies such ...
Wealth in the US: HNW Investors Summary GlobalData’s “Wealth in the US: HNW Investors” report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of US HNW investors. The report is based ...