Table of Contents
Wealth in Hong Kong: HNW Customers analyzes the profile of HNW individuals in the country, from their investments to product demand to sources of wealth. This report is based on our 2014 Global Wealth Managers Survey. The results of the survey are accompanied by best practice case studies on how to target HNW individuals in Hong Kong.
- Understand the major sources of HNW wealth in Hong Kong and the industries from which it has been amassed.
- Interpret the investment portfolios of HNW individuals in Hong Kong through detailed asset allocation analysis.
- Evaluate product and service demand among HNW individuals in Hong Kong from discretionary asset management to art advisory and philanthropy.
- Analyze the best method to capture new HNW clients in Hong Kong and how best to maintain communication during the client relationship.
Reasons To Buy
- How do HNW individuals in Hong Kong amass their wealth?
- What investments make up an average HNW investment portfolio in Hong Kong?
- Which wealth management products and services are in demand in Hong Kong?
- How often do wealth managers in Hong Kong contact their clients through email, social media, and face-to-face meetings?
- How do HNW individuals in Hong Kong compare to their global peers?
HNW investors in Hong Kong have amassed wealth mainly through business ownership, but earned income plays a larger role than elsewhere in Asia Pacific. The most prominent industries from which HNW investors have amassed wealth are manufacturing, financial services and hospitality. Expats represent a large proportion of the resident HNW population.
The HNW portfolio invests heavily into corporate bonds, deposits and equities. When it comes to most asset classes, investors prefer direct investments as opposed to funds, barring equities. Equities will be the clear winner in HNW portfolios over the next two years, benefiting the most from a modest rotation out of bonds and commodities.
HNW investors have growing demand for all asset management services, but their reluctance to relinquish control means that advisory asset management prevails in the market. Financial planning and pension advice are also in high demand. In particular, the latter should be part of every providers's offering, as it is not well served by competitors.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Advisory Asset Management: HNW Demand and Drivers Summary Globally over 25% of HNW individual’s portfolio is invested via advisory services, with markets in Asia Pacific displaying the strongest affinity ...
2017: Trends to Watch in Global Wealth Management Summary Global uncertainty will continue to keep investors busy in 2017. Most notably, ongoing Brexit negotiations, the effects of the Italian referendum, ...
Wealth in the US: HNW Investors Summary GlobalData’s “Wealth in the US: HNW Investors” report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of US HNW investors. The report is based ...