Table of Contents
Part of a two-part series, Wealth in the US: HNW Customers analyzes the profile of US HNW individuals, from their investments to product demand to sources of wealth. This report is based on our 2014 Global Wealth Managers Survey. The results of the survey are accompanied by best-practice case studies on how to target US HNW individuals where applicable.
- Understand the major sources of HNW wealth in the US and the industries from which it has been amassed.
- Interpret the investment portfolios of US HNW individuals through detailed asset allocation analysis.
- Evaluate product and service demand among US HNW clients, from discretionary and advisory asset management to philanthropy and tax advice services.
- Analyze the best methods to capture new US HNW clients and how best to maintain communication throughout the client relationship.
Reasons To Buy
- How do US HNW individuals amass their wealth?
- What investments make up an average US HNW investment portfolio?
- Which wealth management products and services are in demand in the US?
- How often do US wealth managers contact their clients through email, social media, and face-to-face meetings?
- How do US HNW individuals compare to their peers around the world?
The US is the largest wealth market globally, with wealth creation occurring through a variety of means. The most common source of US HNW wealth is through inheritance. The HNW expat population represents 10.1% of the total US HNW population, with an increasing number of Chinese expats.
US HNW investors are heavily invested in traditional assets such as equities and bonds. However, over the next two years US wealth managers expect that allocation into traditional assets will decrease, with investment preferences shifting towards alternative investments.
Discretionary asset management services are slightly preferred over advisory mandates in the US wealth management market. Tax planning is central to US HNW wealth management, especially with FATCA fully in force and ongoing tax amnesties in place.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Advisory Asset Management: HNW Demand and Drivers Summary Globally over 25% of HNW individual’s portfolio is invested via advisory services, with markets in Asia Pacific displaying the strongest affinity ...
2017: Trends to Watch in Global Wealth Management Summary Global uncertainty will continue to keep investors busy in 2017. Most notably, ongoing Brexit negotiations, the effects of the Italian referendum, ...
Wealth in the US: HNW Investors Summary GlobalData’s “Wealth in the US: HNW Investors” report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of US HNW investors. The report is based ...