Table of Contents
Part of a two-part series, Wealth in Malaysia: HNW Customers analyzes the profile of Malaysian HNW individuals from their investments, to product demand, to sources of wealth. This report is based on Verdict Financial's 2013 Global Wealth Managers Survey. The results of the survey are accompanied by best-practice case studies on how to target Malaysian HNW individuals where applicable.
- Understand the major sources of HNW wealth in Malaysia and the industries from which it has been amassed.
- Interpret the investment portfolios of Malaysian HNW individuals through detailed asset allocation analysis.
- Evaluate product and service demand among Malaysian HNW individuals, from discretionary asset management to art advisory and philanthropy services.
- Analyze the best methods to capture new Malaysian HNW clients and how best to maintain communication throughout the client relationship.
Reasons To Buy
- How do Malaysian HNW individuals amass their wealth?
- What investments make up an average Malaysian HNW investment portfolio?
- Which wealth management products and services are in demand in Malaysia?
- How often do Malaysian wealth managers contact their clients through email, social media, and face-to-face meetings?
- How do Malaysian HNW individuals compare to their global peers?
Malaysian HNW individuals have made their fortunes through a combination of family business and earned income. The most prominent industries from which HNW individuals have accumulated their fortunes are agriculture and construction.
The average Malaysian HNW portfolio invests heavily into local residential property, local equities, cash and near-cash products, and domestic government bonds. Over the next two years allocation into property, commodities, and bonds is expected to increase strongly.
Relationship managers' own contacts are the most common means of attracting new clients to Malaysian wealth managers. HNW individuals place high importance on personal relationships when dealing with their wealth manager. Consequently, the vast majority of wealth managers have at least monthly face-to-face contact with their clients.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Advisory Asset Management: HNW Demand and Drivers Summary Globally over 25% of HNW individual’s portfolio is invested via advisory services, with markets in Asia Pacific displaying the strongest affinity ...
2017: Trends to Watch in Global Wealth Management Summary Global uncertainty will continue to keep investors busy in 2017. Most notably, ongoing Brexit negotiations, the effects of the Italian referendum, ...
Wealth in the US: HNW Investors Summary GlobalData’s “Wealth in the US: HNW Investors” report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of US HNW investors. The report is based ...