Table of Contents
The Australian retail banking market is going through a period of transition, and fewer consumers are willing to pay for everyday banking services. However, there is an opportunity in offering packaged accounts. This report sizes the market opportunity, analyzes the benefits to providers of fee-based accounts, and explores how to develop these opportunities.
- Discover how big the fee based packaged account market in the Australia is, and how big it can realistically expect to grow.
- Understand how the Australian marketed is segmented with respect to users and non-users of fee-based transaction accounts.
- Learn what strategies will provide most effective in increasing packaged account uptake, loyalty, and profitability for each segment.
- Overcome customer inertia by recognizing the reasons for not holding a packaged account.
Reasons To Buy
- How many fee paying transaction accounts are there in Australia and what is their value to providers?
- How big a share of the market will packaged transaction accounts reach?
- What account features appeal most to different consumer segments?
- What differentiates fee-paying from free banking consumers in terms of their behaviour and attitudes?
- What strategies can organization employ to maximize the acquisition of packaged account customers?
Benefits of moving towards a fee-based packaged account strategy include higher revenue generation, greater customer retention and acquisition. It is possible to segment consumers based on their use of and attitudes toward packaged accounts, and to create strategies for each segment aimed at encouraging the migration from free to fee-based banking.
Verdict Financial has identified seven distinct consumer segments based on usage of and attitudes toward packaged accounts. Each segment displays different characteristics, and banks consequently need to employ different strategies to reach out to each group.
Packaged accounts have realistic potential to make up 8.8% of the overall transaction account market. To maximize revenue generation, providers must demonstrate the value consumers can derive from such accounts and emphasize the convenience afforded by fee-paying accounts.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Summary Retail deposits for 2016 are expected to be 6% higher than in 2015. However, market conditions over the next few years are predicted to dampen prospects for future growth. UK retail deposits will ...
2017: Key Trends in Retail Banking Summary Threat posed by the commoditization of banking in terms of pressures on margins and reduced customer loyalty is constantly growing. However, data analytics will ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Blockchain Technology in US$ Thousand. Blockchain Technology Types analyzed for the global market include Hybrid Blockchain, Private Blockchain, and Public ...