Table of Contents
This report analyzes Indonesia's wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a particular focus on the HNW segment. Analysis is based upon our 2014 Global Wealth Managers Survey, our Global Wealth Markets Analytics, and our Global Retail Investments Analytics.
- Size your potential client base using our proprietary data, presenting the number of affluent individuals by liquid asset band to 2019.
- Understand the drivers behind the growth of the affluent market, such as the wider macroeconomic environment and investment preferences.
- Quantify HNW asset allocations into non-liquid assets such as property. Find out how much of their investible assets are held offshore.
Reasons To Buy
- How large is the HNW market in Indonesia?
- What is the penetration of affluent individuals in Indonesia?
- What is the current and future mix of asset class balances in Indonesia?
- How much of their wealth do Indonesian HNW individuals invest offshore?
- Which booking centers are used by HNW individuals to invest offshore?
The rich are getting richer. The Indonesian affluent account for only a tiny proportion of the total population but are growing - as of 2014, Indonesia's high growth rate has resulted in an affluent population that is more than twice the size it was in 2007. The affluent population is expected to number nearly 1.8 million by 2019.
Cash is still king. Take up of pro-cyclical investments such as equities and mutual funds remains low and deposits remain by far the preferred choice, encouraged in particular by current high interest rates. GDP growth forecasts are not expected to affect asset allocations significantly in the forecast period to 2019
Offshore investments remain a major element of the typical HNW Indonesian's portfolio, with Singapore one of the main destinations. The drivers of offshore investment have circled back to worries about local economic stability rather than concerns about the lesser sophistication or expanse of onshore options in comparison to neighbors.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Advisory Asset Management: HNW Demand and Drivers Summary Globally over 25% of HNW individual’s portfolio is invested via advisory services, with markets in Asia Pacific displaying the strongest affinity ...
2017: Trends to Watch in Global Wealth Management Summary Global uncertainty will continue to keep investors busy in 2017. Most notably, ongoing Brexit negotiations, the effects of the Italian referendum, ...
Wealth in the US: HNW Investors Summary GlobalData’s “Wealth in the US: HNW Investors” report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of US HNW investors. The report is based ...