Table of Contents
Wealth in China: Sizing the Market Opportunity analyzes China's wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a particular focus on the HNW segment. Analysis is based upon our 2014 Global Wealth Managers Survey, our Global Wealth Markets Analytics, and our Global Retail Investments Analytics.
- Size your potential client base using our proprietary data, presenting the number of affluent individuals by liquid asset band to 2018.
- Understand the drivers behind the growth of the affluent market, such as the wider macroeconomic environment and investment preferences.
- Quantify HNW asset allocations into non-liquid assets such as property. Find out how much of their investible assets are held offshore.
- Export the graphics from the dashboard, or if you are more at ease using Excel, export the data into your own worksheets.
Reasons To Buy
- How large is the HNW market in China?
- What is the penetration of affluent individuals in China?
- What is the current and future mix of asset class balances in China?
- How much of their wealth do Chinese HNW individuals invest offshore?
- Which booking centers are used by HNW individuals to invest offshore?
Thanks to a predicted drop in economic productivity, the remarkable wealth growth rates of the past few years will not be repeated over the forecast period. Nevertheless, strong predicted retail investments growth - led by strong equity performance - will continue to see the market grow at a faster rate than in the wider region.
Thanks to strong stock market performance, 2014 was a strong year for China's retail investment market, which expanded by 14.7%. Albeit to a lesser degree, a bullish equity market and a reallocation of assets (which will benefit equities as well as wealth management products) will sustain strong retail investment market growth going forward.
Chinese HNW investors allocate a noteworthy proportion of their investible assets into non-traditional investments, mostly in direct property. In addition, alternative investments are set to play an increasingly important role in HNW portfolios, and wealth managers need to be ready to meet this demand.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Advisory Asset Management: HNW Demand and Drivers Summary Globally over 25% of HNW individual’s portfolio is invested via advisory services, with markets in Asia Pacific displaying the strongest affinity ...
2017: Trends to Watch in Global Wealth Management Summary Global uncertainty will continue to keep investors busy in 2017. Most notably, ongoing Brexit negotiations, the effects of the Italian referendum, ...
Wealth in the US: HNW Investors Summary GlobalData’s “Wealth in the US: HNW Investors” report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of US HNW investors. The report is based ...