Table of Contents
Compared to previous years, the Australian wealth market expanded at a slightly lower (but still impressive) rate in 2015, with economic concerns having a negative effect on performance. Weak equity market conditions and economic growth are also expected to contribute to lower growth in 2016, before the market bounces back in the following years thanks to returning economic strength. Between 2015 and 2019 liquid assets held by affluent individuals are forecast to record a compound annual growth rate (CAGR) of 8.5%, representing a sizable opportunity for wealth managers operating in the country. Yet there is notable regional disparity within Australia in terms of wealth distribution; while the east accounts for the majority of assets, growth is typically found in the capital state and the north.
- At the end of 2015, of the approximately 17.9 million adults living in Australia, 26.1% (or 4.7 million) could be considered affluent.
- While expanding at a slightly slower pace than in previous years, wealth market growth in Australia still dwarfed other developed markets in 2015, and wealth held by affluent retail investors is forecast to record a CAGR of 8.8% between 2015 and 2019.
- While Australia's stock market struggled in 2015, generous dividend payouts and a friendly tax system have seen retail equity holdings growth outperform the local stock market index.
- Australian HNW individuals are heavily exposed to property in their non-traditional investments, and despite a slight rise in interest rates for investors appetite for real estate is forecast to remain strong.
Verdict Financial's “Wealth in Australia: Sizing the Market Opportunity” analyzes Australia's wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a focus on the HNW segment. The report is based on our proprietary datasets.
Specifically the report:
- Sizes the affluent market (both by the number of individuals and value of their liquid assets) using our proprietary datasets.
- Analyzes which asset classes are favored by Australia's investors and how their preferences impact the growth of the total savings and investments market.
- Examines HNW clients' attitudes towards non-liquid investments, such as property and commodities.
- Identifies key drivers and booking centers for offshore investments.
Reasons To Buy
- Benchmark your share of Australia's wealth market against the current market size.
- Forecast your future growth prospects using our projections for the market to 2019.
- Identify your most promising client segment by analyzing the penetration of affluent individuals in Australia.
- Evaluate your HNW proposition by understanding how the local tax system affects your HNW clients.
- Review your offshore strategy by learning HNW motivations for offshore investments and their preferred booking centers.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Advisory Asset Management: HNW Demand and Drivers Summary Globally over 25% of HNW individual’s portfolio is invested via advisory services, with markets in Asia Pacific displaying the strongest affinity ...
2017: Trends to Watch in Global Wealth Management Summary Global uncertainty will continue to keep investors busy in 2017. Most notably, ongoing Brexit negotiations, the effects of the Italian referendum, ...
Wealth in the US: HNW Investors Summary GlobalData’s “Wealth in the US: HNW Investors” report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of US HNW investors. The report is based ...