Table of Contents
Singapore has one of the most developed payment card systems in Asia Pacific. With one of the highest card penetration rates in Asia Pacific, the country's payment card market is set to grow at a steady rate - influenced by a push by relevant authorities, issuers, and schemes to increase acceptance and roll out emerging payment capabilities.
- Futureproof your strategy with market sizing, forecasts, and analysis of key developments currently affecting Singapore.
- Target consumers with inside knowledge of their true behaviors and attitudes with detailed analysis from our proprietary insight.
- Learn about the threat new payment technologies pose to the payment card space, and how these developments will influence market dynamics.
Reasons To Buy
- How do Singaporean consumers use their payment tools, and how has this changed in recent years?
- Which players are key in the debit, credit, and charge card spaces? How are they adapting to changes within the wider market?
- How extensive are mobile, online, and contactless payments and where does future growth lie?
While payment card numbers continue to rise, this will not translate to increased usage and transaction value. The market requires a boost in acceptance of payment cards, especially in the SME space.
While a significant proportion of contactless payment card holders have a positive attitude towards contactless payments, some are concerned about security issues. Providers will need to provide further education and assurances.
Although mobile proximity payments are at an early stage of development in the Singaporean market, a significant number of consumers are ready to adopt them. On the other hand, the market is waiting for clarity on mobile proximity payment standards before providers start to roll out this format to the mass market.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Summary Taiwan has a very unique payment card environment compared to most other markets. While the infrastructure is in place, with Visa and Mastercard introducing contactless payment capabilities from ...
Summary Sweden has the potential to become the world's first cashless society. The use of cash is declining quickly in Sweden and over half of all bank branches no longer deal with cash-based transactions. ...
Summary The French consumer payments market is unlike many other developed markets in the Western world in that card holding is low, with fewer payment cards than people in 2015. France has a highly developed ...