Table of Contents
Digital currencies - particularly bitcoin - have vast disruptive potential in payments. These currencies have their weaknesses, but even if bitcoin itself never becomes popular, the technology that underpins it will change financial services entirely in the longer term.
- Gain an understanding of the key aspects of how digital currencies such as bitcoin function, and their strengths and weaknesses.
- Learn what is being done with digital currencies currently, and how these implementations may be improved upon.
- Benefit from a strategic view of this emerging market, with a focus on how banks and payment providers should respond.
Reasons To Buy
- What are digital currencies, and what impact might they have on your business?
- How do digital currencies work and what benefits can they offer?
- Can digital currencies be adopted by financial institutions, and is it worth doing so?
- What action, if any, needs to be taken to remain relevant in the changing market?
- What are the challenges facing digital currencies, and how might they be overcome?
Bitcoin can offer faster and cheaper domestic and - most significantly - international payment services than the majority of alternatives in the market, threatening to displace the incumbents.
Bitcoin has numerous weaknesses including the diminishing returns of the mining system, its complex security requirements, its volatility as a currency, and the lack of regulation in the market.
Blockchain technology is the most important aspect of bitcoin and other cryptocurrencies, and can be adapted to numerous purposes both within financial services and in the wider technology market. Within the payments market, blockchain technology offers banks advantages in terms of speed, cost, and transparency.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Mobile Payment Technologies Market: Overview This report provides an analysis of the global mobile payment technologies market for the period from 2014 to 2024, wherein the period from 2016 to 2024 ...
Bitcoin is an experimental digital currency and also called as cryptocurrency. This digital currency enables instant peer to peer transactions, worldwide payments with very low or zero processing fees. ...
This Persistence Market Research report examines the Global mobile payment transaction market for the period 2015- 2020. The primary objective is to offer updates on the advancement in mobile applications ...