Table of Contents
This report provides a detailed analysis of the UK personal general insurance market, including industry metrics such as gross written premium (GWP), combined operating ratio (COR), underwriting results, reserve developments, and advertising expenditure.
- Get an overview of the personal insurance market, with an in depth analysis of the individual segments' performance.
- Gain insight on the favored distribution channels for personal insurance and the platforms insurers are advertising on to complement their strategies.
- Gage your competitors' performance in terms of business size and profitability.
Reasons To Buy
- How have personal insurance lines performed in 2011 and what are the trends to expect in the coming five years?
- What are the main distribution channels for personal insurance and which companies are spending the most on marketing their products?
- Which insurers are the top players in the personal insurance space and how has this changed in 2011?
The personal insurance market grew by 5.7% in 2011, reaching a GWP of £29.2bn. It also improved its profitability significantly, with total market COR falling from 105.2% in 2010 to 97.0% in 2011.
Brokers and direct insurers remained the main distribution channel for personal insurance, accounting for 40.0% and 33.5% of the market, respectively.
Direct Line Group continues to be the largest personal insurer, but lost significant market share in its efforts to improve profitability. The fall in its market share has meant that Aviva is now a serious challenger for the top position in the personal insurance market.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Factors such as voluminous increase in the number of subscribers, need for high optimization & increased cost savings, and ability to measure the performance of a service & Quality of Service are driving ...
“IoT insurance market to grow at a CAGR of 65.89% between 2016 and 2022” The global IoT insurance market is estimated to be worth USD 42.76 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 65.89% between 2016 ...
"CSPs are demanding assurance solutions for NFV/SDN with cloud, analytics and automation features; this change is creating opportunities for vendors and disruption across the assurance value chain." This ...