Table of Contents
Commercial general insurance continues to suffer from the adverse market conditions over recent years, with positive growth coming only from commercial motor insurance. Liability insurance and commercial pecuniary loss saw only small increases, while commercial property continues to decline due to claims costs.
- Overview of the UK general insurance market, including GWP analysis, combined operating ratio, underwriting results and reserve developments.
- The report looks at commercial motor, commercial property, liability and commercial pecuniary loss. Forecasts for GWP are provided for up to 2016.
- Get an overview of the commercial general insurance market, with an in depth analysis of the individual segments' performance
- Gain insight on the preferred distribution channels for commercial insurance
- Find out and compare your competitors' performance in terms of business size and profitability
Reasons To Buy
- How have commercial insurance lines performed in the recent years and what are the trends to expect in the coming five years?
- What are the main distribution channels for commercial insurance and what is the role of the SMEs?
- How are the top insurers performing and how profitable are they?
Personal general insurance exhibited a CAGR of 2.0% over the period 2007-11, while commercial insurance declined by 0.5% over the same period.
Since the start of the recession in 2008 commercial line underwriting profits have been largely volatile, especially commercial property, which recorded an underwriting loss of £432m in 2007, followed by £142m in 2010 and £16m in 2011.
The CORs for the top 20 competitors show how providers have been struggling to remain competitive in the commercial insurance market.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Summary Changes in SME distribution are primarily being driven by shifting preferences in purchasing method as opposed to channel. The preference towards online purchasing initially provided the direct ...
Summary Verdict Financial's “UK SME Insurance: Distribution Dynamics 2016” report looks at how SMEs buy insurance coverage and the reasons behind their purchasing decisions. This report also examines ...
Summary The SME market is important for commercial insurers as SMEs account for the majority of the UK economy. With insurers increasingly targeting the segment, the market is very competitive. Insurers ...