Table of Contents
Part of a two-part series, Wealth in Chile: Sizing the Market Opportunity analyzes Chile's wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a particular focus on the HNW segment. Analysis is based upon Verdict Financial's 2012 Global Wealth Managers Survey, Verdict Financial's Global Wealth Markets Analytics, and Verdict Financial's Global Retail Investments Analytics.
- Size your potential client base using Verdict Financial's proprietary data, presenting the number of affluent individuals by liquid asset band to 2017.
- Understand the drivers behind the growth of the affluent market, such as the wider macroeconomic environment and investment preferences.
- Quantify HNW asset allocations into non-liquid assets such as property. Find out how much of their investible assets are held offshore.
- Export the graphics from the dashboard, or if you are more at ease using Excel, export the data into your own worksheets.
Reasons To Buy
- How large is the HNW market in Chile?
- What is the penetration of affluent individuals in Chile?
- What is the current and future mix of asset class balances in Chile?
- How much of their wealth do Chilean HNW individuals invest offshore?
- Which booking centers are used by HNW individuals to invest offshore?
Chile is a lucrative opportunity for wealth managers seeking to participate in the continent's 21st century growth story. Growth in the liquid assets held by the affluent Chilean population steadily declined from 7% in 2011 to 4% in 2012, rising again to 8% in 2013.
Chile's retail investments market continued to grow in 2012. In the past, the market has been driven by strong growth in fixed income investments and to a lesser extent deposits. In the next five years mutual funds will begin to play a larger role in the Chilean growth story as the local financial market continues to develop.
Chilean HNW individuals hold 22% of their investment portfolios in illiquid assets such as private equity and direct property investments. Offshore investment is high among Chilean HNW individuals, with on average only 28% of their portfolios held overseas, mostly booked in the US. Tax efficiency is the major driver of offshore investment.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Advisory Asset Management: HNW Demand and Drivers Summary Globally over 25% of HNW individual’s portfolio is invested via advisory services, with markets in Asia Pacific displaying the strongest affinity ...
2017: Trends to Watch in Global Wealth Management Summary Global uncertainty will continue to keep investors busy in 2017. Most notably, ongoing Brexit negotiations, the effects of the Italian referendum, ...
Wealth in the US: HNW Investors Summary GlobalData’s “Wealth in the US: HNW Investors” report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of US HNW investors. The report is based ...