Table of Contents
Part of a three-part series, Wealth in the UK: Sizing the Market Opportunity analyzes the UK's wealth and retail savings and investments markets, with a particular focus on the HNW segment. Analysis is based upon Verdict Financial's 2012 Global Wealth Managers Survey, Verdict Financial's Global Wealth Markets Analytics, and Verdict Financial's Global Retail Savings and Investments Analytics.
- Size your potential client base using Verdict Financial's proprietary data, presenting the number of affluent individuals by liquid asset band to 2017.
- Understand the drivers behind the growth of the affluent market, such as the wider macroeconomic environment and investment preferences.
- Quantify HNW asset allocations into non-liquid assets such as property. Find out how much of HNW individuals' investible assets are held offshore.
- Export the graphics from the dashboard, or if you are more at ease using Excel, export the data into your own worksheets.
Reasons To Buy
- How large is the HNW market in the UK?
- What is the penetration of affluent individuals in the UK?
- What is the current and future mix of asset class balances in the UK?
- How much of their wealth do UK HNW individuals invest offshore?
- Which booking centers are used by HNW individuals to invest offshore?
While primarily an onshore market, the UK has a notable offshore business, with London in particular being a popular booking center for both HNW individuals and corporations around the world. Data (for both the retail and institutional market) show that non-resident deposits accounted for 37% of the total deposits held in the UK at the end of 2011.
The UK's retail savings and investments market put in a strong performance in 2012, with the market growing by 7% on 2011. This boost in performance can largely be attributed to a strong run on the UK stock market in the second half of 2012, which in turn had a direct impact on the performance of mutual funds in particular.
While the majority of the UK HNW assets are held in liquid investments such as equities and bonds, over a fifth of their assets are held in less liquid alternative investments, notably hedge funds. In addition, property is set to play an increasingly important role in HNW portfolios and wealth managers need to be ready to meet this demand.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Advisory Asset Management: HNW Demand and Drivers Summary Globally over 25% of HNW individual’s portfolio is invested via advisory services, with markets in Asia Pacific displaying the strongest affinity ...
2017: Trends to Watch in Global Wealth Management Summary Global uncertainty will continue to keep investors busy in 2017. Most notably, ongoing Brexit negotiations, the effects of the Italian referendum, ...
Wealth in the US: HNW Investors Summary GlobalData’s “Wealth in the US: HNW Investors” report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of US HNW investors. The report is based ...