Table of Contents
Household insurance is an optional personal lines product that customers purchase in order to protect their properties and contents against accidental damage. Home insurance can be bought in two parts - buildings insurance and contents insurance. Customers can choose either one or both of these based on their needs. Buildings cover insures the customer's bricks and mortar for events such as fire and weather damage, while contents cover is designed to protect the policy holder's belongings against incidents including theft, damage, and loss. Customers also have the option of purchasing a combined policy, which in some cases can be cheaper than buying two separate products.
- Aggregators remain a popular channel, but the majority of household insurance customers prefer to purchase directly from an insurer.
- Arranging cover over the phone and internet are the top two methods used across all of the distribution channels.
- Direct mail is the most prominent advertising and marketing medium used by home insurers.
Verdict Financial's “UK Household Insurance: Distribution and Marketing” explores consumer purchasing behavior and how it is developing within the three home markets: contents, buildings, and combined. This report discovers what is most influential to customers when purchasing a policy and also reveals the most popular providers in the market. New trends and innovations are also highlighted, as well as the key factors that will affect the home insurance market over the coming years.
Reasons To Buy
- To understand consumer purchasing decisions and understand how these will influence product distribution in the market over the coming years.
- To improve customer engagement by recognizing what is most important to policy holders and how insurers can adapt their products and services to meet their needs.
- To discover the top providers of home insurance and how the rankings have changed over the last three years.
- Adapt your distribution strategy to ensure it aligns with customer purchasing habits and behaviors.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Summary The direct channel remains the preferred way to purchase home insurance and has gained market share across all three products (contents, buildings, and combined) in 2016. The banking channel is ...
Summary Soft market conditions endure in a UK household insurance market with high levels of competition and capacity, and a continuing shift in customer buying habits. Despite this, the market continues ...
Summary The UK household insurance market is a highly competitive market. Insurers that can control their costs are able to deliver profitable books even in soft market conditions, with rates reducing ...