Table of Contents
This report analyzes the global contactless payment environment and delves into the obstacles that are hindering further growth over the next few years. The report also looks at growth opportunities for contactless in the near future.
- Illustrates where the global contactless card environment currently stands and where it will be heading.
- An overview of the current contactless market situation in the Americas, Europe, and Asia Pacific, and where they are heading.
- Analysis of where the future of contactless payments lies.
- Difficulties and areas that issuers and schemes will need to overcome to further grow contactless payments.
Reasons To Buy
- How will global contactless payment card penetration develop in the next few years?
- What are the next opportunities in contactless payments?
- What are the obstacles in the future of contactless payments?
Contactless grew at a CAGR of 38.4% between 2010 and 2013, reaching about 552 million cards globally. Between 2013 and 2016 growth is expected to reach a CAGR of 72.3%, surpassing 1 billion cards. The surge in merchant acceptance of contactless cards will continue to propel consumer uptake of the payment method.
Rising contactless acceptance over the coming years will be the principal driver of growth in contactless usage. Contactless acceptance has been concentrated among major retailers, but going forward there will be rising acceptance among smaller merchants and the mass transit and unattended payments sectors.
There are still barriers that need to be overcome for contactless uptake. Consumers have become accustomed to chip-and-PIN cards, and will need to be converted to contactless. Consumers remain concerned about the possibility of fraudulent transactions conducted via contactless payments.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global Mobile Payment Technologies Market: Overview This report provides an analysis of the global mobile payment technologies market for the period from 2014 to 2024, wherein the period from 2016 to 2024 ...
“Reduction in queuing & transaction time and increased convenience in making low value payments are driving the contactless payment market” The contactless payment market is estimated to grow from ...
According to Stratistics MRC, the Global Mobile Wallet market is anticipated to grow at a strong CAGR of 35.6% during the forecast period 2015 to 2022. The factors that are driving the market growth include ...