Table of Contents
The online consumer payments market continues to enjoy strong growth globally, with robust year-on-year growth in developed markets as well as developing markets. The opportunities in the overall market are significant, but consumer expectations are high and competition is strong among both merchants and payment providers.
- View the state of the online market in 26 countries, including market size data for mobile commerce from 2009 to 2018.
- Gain an improved understanding of consumer behavior and spending patterns in online commerce.
- Adapt your online strategy with objective insights based on Verdict Financial's proprietary data set.
Reasons To Buy
- How has the online commerce market developed in the last year and what can be expected in the future?
- How important is mobile commerce in the markets in which I operate, and how much can I expect this market to grow?
- What do consumers spend their money on online and how are these spending patterns changing?
- What payment tools do consumers use to make online payments, and why do they prefer these tools?
The US was the largest online commerce market in 2013, with consumers spending a total of $282bn online in that year. Meanwhile UK households spent the most online in 2013, with the average household expenditure at $5,099.
Airline and hotel bookings accounted for the largest share of online consumer spending by value in 2013, followed by apparel, electrical goods, and entertainment media.
Personal credit and debit card transactions (excluding PayPal and other digital wallets) accounted for 40.5% of overall online consumer spending by value in 2013, having declined from their peak in 2010 when they accounted for 56.0% of the market.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Global Mobile Payment Technologies Market: Overview This report provides an analysis of the global mobile payment technologies market for the period from 2014 to 2024, wherein the period from 2016 to 2024 ...
Bitcoin is an experimental digital currency and also called as cryptocurrency. This digital currency enables instant peer to peer transactions, worldwide payments with very low or zero processing fees. ...
The Global Contactless Payment Terminals Market is valued at USD 6.94 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD 22.95 billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 22.01 % during ...