Table of Contents
In this in-depth analysis series Verdict Financial puts the world's largest wealth managers under the microscope to examine their recent financial performance as well as their strategies for growth and customer targeting.
- Examine the financial performance and key ratios for HSBC and benchmark this competitor against other global wealth managers.
- Explore HSBC's recent Mandamp;A and growth strategies and their impacts on its AUM growth and financial performance.
- Learn more about HSBC's client targeting strategies and examine whether these have been successful.
Reasons To Buy
- What are HSBC's recent Mandamp;A and organic growth highlights?
- What is HSBC's group level and wealth management unit financial performance?
- Which customer markets does HSBC aim to target?
- How does HSBC market and promote itself?
Across its business HSBC has been exiting markets where significant economies of scale cannot be achieved. This is in line with HSBC chief executive Stuart Gulliver's plans for retrenchment in non-core regions.
According to Verdict Financial's Global Wealth Markets Analytics, HSBC has focused on increasing its number of offices in key inheritor countries such as the US and the UK.
In the UK HSBC Private Bank hopes to target the aging HNW individual. Verdict Financial's 2013 Global Wealth Managers Survey found that 42% of the HNW population is over 65 years old in the UK, and thus HSBC Private Bank would be tapping into a lucrative client segment.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Advisory Asset Management: HNW Demand and Drivers Summary Globally over 25% of HNW individual’s portfolio is invested via advisory services, with markets in Asia Pacific displaying the strongest affinity ...
2017: Trends to Watch in Global Wealth Management Summary Global uncertainty will continue to keep investors busy in 2017. Most notably, ongoing Brexit negotiations, the effects of the Italian referendum, ...
Wealth in the US: HNW Investors Summary GlobalData’s “Wealth in the US: HNW Investors” report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of US HNW investors. The report is based ...