Table of Contents
In this in-depth analysis series Verdict Financial puts the world's largest wealth managers under the microscope to examine their recent financial performance as well as their strategies for growth and customer targeting.
- Examine the financial performance and key ratios for Morgan Stanley and benchmark this competitor against other global wealth managers.
- Explore Morgan Stanley's recent Mandamp;A and growth strategies and their impacts on its AUM growth and financial performance.
- Learn more about Morgan Stanley's client targeting strategies and examine whether these have been successful.
Reasons To Buy
- What are Morgan Stanley's recent Mandamp;A and organic growth highlights?
- What is Morgan Stanley's group level and wealth management unit financial performance?
- Which customer markets does Morgan Stanley aim to target?
- How does Morgan Stanley market and promote itself?
Morgan Stanley has been streamlining its global footprint, concentrating on its home market. It is Verdict Financial's view that the company's divestment strategy and the resulting advantages of scale will aid profitability, if not setting it up to capture inflows in the rapidly growing Asia Pacific, Middle East and Africa markets.
Having seen Wealth Management's profit increase by 62% in 2013 over the previous year, the division has become Morgan Stanley's crown jewel. To a large extent strong performance can be attributed to an increase in average revenue per advisor, which rose from $786,000 in 2012 to $867,000 in 2013, and a rise of 4ppt in fee-based client assets.
Morgan Stanley is very active on social media. Since mid-2014 advisors who have undergone an online training course and have at least 15 followers are allowed to tweet their own messages on their official company account (after they have been approved by the compliance department, which can take up to a couple of hours).
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Advisory Asset Management: HNW Demand and Drivers Summary Globally over 25% of HNW individual’s portfolio is invested via advisory services, with markets in Asia Pacific displaying the strongest affinity ...
2017: Trends to Watch in Global Wealth Management Summary Global uncertainty will continue to keep investors busy in 2017. Most notably, ongoing Brexit negotiations, the effects of the Italian referendum, ...
Wealth in the US: HNW Investors Summary GlobalData’s “Wealth in the US: HNW Investors” report analyzes the investing preferences and portfolio allocation of US HNW investors. The report is based ...