Table of Contents
Insurers within the household market are still having to deal with a number of challenges within the claims arena, not just the unpredictability of the weather. This brief outlines how claims performed in 2013, which perils contributed the most to the overall costs, and the implications for household insurers.
- Understand how claims performed in 2013 within the domestic property market.
- Develop strategies to reduce your exposure to the high cost perils.
Reasons To Buy
- How did domestic property claims perform in 2013?
- How did the storms at the end of 2013 affect the cost of claims for the year?
- Is escape of water still the biggest peril within household claims?
Unpredictable claims such as weather need to be built into pricing models or insurers will face an unprofitable book in the long term.
2013 had been a positive year for weather claims until Q4, when storms battered the UK. This was followed by flooding in Q1 2014.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Ahmad
+1 718 618 4302
Synopsis Timetric’s 'Household Insurance in the UK – Key Trends and Opportunities to 2020' report provides in-depth market analysis, information and insights into UK household insurance, including: ...
Summary The direct channel remains the preferred way to purchase home insurance and has gained market share across all three products (contents, buildings, and combined) in 2016. The banking channel is ...
Summary The UK commercial property insurance market is highly competitive and the market has been stuck in a soft period of the cycle for a prolonged period. The market witnessed a decline in 2015 and ...