Table of Contents
For banks looking to increase their turnover, targeting mass affluent consumers represents the single greatest return on effort. Effectively engaging with the segment will, on average, result in four times as much business for a bank without requiring a significant change in overall customer numbers.
- Understand the attitudes and views the mass affluent hold in regards to their budgeting and finances.
- Place a dollar value on the difference between a mass affluent client and a retail market equivalent.
- Compare mass affluent and mass market cross-selling opportunities.
- Better quantify the mass affluent client base by gaining insight into the key demographics of the group.
Reasons To Buy
- In which segments is the mass affluent opportunity sufficiently developed as to be a viable market in terms of size and assets?
- Which products represent the greatest earning potential from a mass affluent client?
- How much more business can a mass affluent client base bring a bank?
- What is the mass affluent cross-selling opportunity?
Its large size makes the mass affluent segment an attractive target market, but banks looking to exploit this opportunity need to understand the different opportunities across the globe. Some markets in the West are desirable for their size, while Africa, Asia, and Latin America offer more attractive growth prospects.
The emerging affluent segment will truly test a bank's ability to address the needs of small-scale investors. Often there is strong potential for consumers to accumulate enough assets over their lifetime to eventually be classed as mass affluent.
The importance of advice cannot be emphasized enough, and any mass affluent proposition will need to include this aspect. Besides representing a potential fee-earning service, advice allows banks to deepen the client relationship and decommoditize the client's view of financial services.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Summary Retail deposits for 2016 are expected to be 6% higher than in 2015. However, market conditions over the next few years are predicted to dampen prospects for future growth. UK retail deposits will ...
2017: Key Trends in Retail Banking Summary Threat posed by the commoditization of banking in terms of pressures on margins and reduced customer loyalty is constantly growing. However, data analytics will ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Blockchain Technology in US$ Thousand. Blockchain Technology Types analyzed for the global market include Hybrid Blockchain, Private Blockchain, and Public ...