Table of Contents
The Austrian market already has a relatively high per capita consumption rate; sales have been buoyant over the period as a whole, encouraged by a higher number of births in the last three years, by price competition at the start of the period, and by product innovation. In addition, parents' attitudes towards industrially prepared baby foods have been becoming more positive, encouraged by falling prices in the wake of EU membership and the rise of hard discounters, as well as by manufacturers' efforts to respond to consumer demand by supplying organic food, and reducing salt and sugar.
- Baby milks represent the largest sector of the baby food market, accounting for 51.6% of market value in 2014 and 30.1% of volume.
- The market for baby food in Austria is dominated by two suppliers, Danone (MilupaandAptamil) and Hipp, which together accounted for 80.4% of 2014 sales value.
- Value sales of cereals are expected to show less growth than other market sectors and volume growth is likely to be low, at around 5.2%. Parents are increasingly attracted towards ready-to-use cereal products, which fall within the larger meals sector.
- Baby foods are retailed primarily through drug markets/drugstores and food outlets, with the former claiming over 70% of total baby food sales.
“Baby Food in Austria” is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Austria market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global baby product market is expected to reach USD 121.0 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising spending capability in matured economies of North America and ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Baby Foods and Infant Formula in US$ by the following Product Segments: Infant Formula, RTE Foods, Dried Foods, and Others. The report provides separate comprehensive ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...