Table of Contents
The prospects for the Belgium market are looking rather brighter than over the past seven years. Although the number of births is expected to decline, the decrease is likely to be gentle, and to be compensated for by growth in real GDP, which, though also at a low level, is likely to be consistent and lead to a slightly more positive consumer market. Manufacturers have tried to stimulate sales by advertising, including an increasing use of online media, and over the last year or so by new products including the introduction of pouches, but the market remains relatively conservative and underdeveloped by European standards.
- The Belgian baby food market has struggled between 2008 and 2014, ending the period with volume sales 10% down on the start, and retail sales only 3% higher than in 2008.
- The majority of baby food sales in Belgium are made through grocery outlets, which have taken an increasingly large share of sales in all sectors over the review period and now account for about 67.9%.
- 2014, however, saw an upturn in both value and volume sales, with the largest categories, wet meals and milks, performing well.
- Danone has consolidated its position as the leader of the Belgian baby food market in recent years and in 2014 accounted for around 43.2% of value sales, leading in milks, wet meals and drinks.
“Baby Food in Belgium” is an analytical report by Canadean which provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Belgium market.
What else does this report offer?
- Consumption data based upon a unique combination of industry research, fieldwork, market sizing work and our in-house expertise to offer extensive data about the trends and dynamics affecting the industry.
- Detailed profile of the companies operating and new companies considering entry in the industry along with their key focus product sectors.
- Market profile of the various product sectors with the key features and developments, segmentation, per capita trends and the various manufacturers and brands.
- Overview of baby food retailing with a mention of the major retailers in the country along with the distribution channel.
- Future projections considering various trends which are likely to affect the industry.
Reasons To Buy
- Evaluate important changes in consumer behaviour and identify profitable markets and areas for product innovation.
- Analyse current and forecast behaviour trends in each category to identify the best opportunities to exploit.
- Detailed understanding of consumption by individual product categories in order to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Investigates which categories are performing the best and how this is changing market dynamics.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
The global baby product market is expected to reach USD 121.0 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. Rising spending capability in matured economies of North America and ...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Baby Foods and Infant Formula in US$ by the following Product Segments: Infant Formula, RTE Foods, Dried Foods, and Others. The report provides separate comprehensive ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...