Table of Contents
The GDP of the Canary Islands saw an increase of nearly 3% which brought with it the rise in consumer confidence which was in a minus for 2014. The beer mixes and flavored beer segments saw an increase, taking some share from lager which was the dominant beer type in the market. There was an increase in consumption 'on the go' as consumers liked to pick up a beer before heading out somewhere. This led to an increase in single serve metal cans due to their lightweight nature and ease of opening. Sizes less than 50cl were the main packs to see growth as these were favored by these types of consumers.
- Consumer confidence across the market saw an increase boosted by the rise in GDP.
- Beer continued to enjoy an excellent perception from consumers that it was a beverage entirely made from natural ingredients with no sugar content.
- On-premise outlets were the main driver behind the 1% increase seen in beer. The increased consumption in this channel came as a direct reaction to the stabilization of the economy, which led to consumers having more money to spend on luxuries such as a beer in a bar.
- Lager continued to be the leading beer type as it was the tradition among consumers.
- Mainstream brands saw a slight decline of just under 1%, but was still the leading segment in the market holding 42% share.
Canadean's Canary Islands Beer Market Insights 2016 Report provides a complete overview of the Canary Islands beer industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook.
Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2015 actual detailed beer consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- 2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
- Details of key beer new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the beer market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the beer market
- Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the Canary Islands beer industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the Canary Islands beer market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Analyze domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyze the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new power point add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the Canary Islands beer market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This report by Beverage Marketing Corp. READY TO GO. This global beer industry research report from Beverage Marketing Corporation charts the latest developments, with data on volume by country, continent, ...
The global craft beer market is expected to reach USD 502.9 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast ...
Market Insights Beer is considered as the most cherished and leading alcoholic drink, globally. Beer accounts for 74.58% of the global alcoholic drinks market share. India, China, the USA, Brazil, Russia, ...