Table of Contents
The South African beer market continues to edge upwards, primarily driven by population growth. Mainstream brands dominated the market volume in 2015 and accounted for 76% of the total volume. The South African beer market remains oriented towards out of home consumption showing around 64% of consumption through the on-trade. Low alcohol beers have struggled to develop and account for less than 1% of the market volume, but the growing momentum of light beers could provide a boost to the sole brand currently classified in the low alcohol segment, Windhoek Light.
- Steady growth in population has helped the beer market to edge upwards in South Africa for the year.
- Beer recorded a 1% growth rate, while sorghum beer continued developing strongly and increased volumes by 4%.
- Carling Black Label (SABMiller) continues to enjoy strong sales and a popular reputation amongst South African consumers, accounting for 29% of overall market volume.
- Total beer imports volumes roughly doubled those of exports in 2015 showing up increase by 6% compared to the previous year.
Canadean's South Africa Beer Market Insights 2016 Report provides a complete overview of the South Africa beer industry structure offering a comprehensive insight into historical background trends, 2015 performance and 2016 outlook. Covering total market (on and off-premise) the report details:
- 2011-2015 actual detailed beer consumption volume data by segment, brand, brewer, packaging and distribution (on-/off-premise), with 2016 forecasts
- Top line production, import, export and consumption volume from 2005-2015 with forecasts for 2016
- Value by distribution channel 2011-2015, with 2016 forecasts
- 2014-2016 selected on- / off-premise retail prices
- Details of key beer new product launches in 2015 by company
- Overview of the competitive landscape in the beer market, with analysis of key company performance
- Insightful and valuable analysis of the drivers behind both current and emerging trends in the beer market
- Data is also available in excel format
Reasons To Buy
- Gain an in-depth understanding of the dynamics and structure of the South Africa beer industry, from the latest competitive intelligence of both historical and forecast trends to enhance your corporate strategic planning
- Evaluate the current emerging trends and future growth opportunities in the South Africa beer market to support your brand development and marketing initiatives
- Understand volume vs. value trends and identify the key growth opportunities across the super-premium, premium, mainstream and discount segments to best target profitability
- Analyse domestic and imported beer brand performance and determine the key trends driving consumption preference to develop a competitive advantage
- Interrogate the unique granularity of our data to analyse the market on a variety of levels to make well-informed decisions on future threats and growth prospects in the marketplace for your company
- Use our new powerpoint add-on to quickly absorb a succinct summary of the key trends in the South Africa beer market
- View a selection of the key 2015 product launches and identify competitor activity and product innovation and differentiation prospects
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
This report by Beverage Marketing Corp. READY TO GO. This global beer industry research report from Beverage Marketing Corporation charts the latest developments, with data on volume by country, continent, ...
The global craft beer market is expected to reach USD 502.9 billion by 2025, according to a new report by Grand View Research, Inc. The market is expected to witness substantial growth over the forecast ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...