Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Finland, 2016
"Smoking Tobacco in Finland, 2016" is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Finnish market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects and forecasts for sales and consumption to 2025.
Since 1990, sales of smoking tobacco have increased by 6.6%. However, for 2016, forecasts indicate that smoking tobacco will decrease compared to 2015. Finland is a small and declining market for smoking tobacco; the market is dominated by RYO as opposed to MYO cigarette tobacco, with Pipe Tobacco only forming a minor niche of smoking tobacco volumes at 3.2%. The overall market is quite small, but, in common with other Scandinavian countries, per capita consumption was quite high in 1999 and 2009, although recent falls brought average consumption down in 2015.
- Restrictions on the sale and use of tobacco products are becoming increasingly stringent. A large number of public places are smoke-free and a ban on the display of tobacco products in shops came into force at the beginning of 2012.
- Imperial has long been the leader in the market and benefited from the popularity of its brands in 2014, with a reduced share; PMI was second and BAT third.
- Since 1992, smoking among males has been falling, however, among females, smoking has dropped more slowly with some evidence of stability since early this decade.
- With further tax and price rises expected, the prospect for fine cut tobacco sales is further decline beyond 2015.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Smoking segment is predicted to create more absolute $ opportunity as compared to the smokeless segment Organic tobacco is majorly used in smoking products such as cigarettes and RYO and is expected to ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
Market Insights The Global Tobacco Packaging market is valued at USD 14.65 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD 18.00 billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 3.5% ...