Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Sweden, 2016
"Smoking Tobacco in Sweden, 2016" is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Swedish market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects and forecasts for sales and consumption to 2025.
The overall market for tobacco products fluctuated in recent years in large part because of the impact of fiscal and regulatory policies on tobacco use.
Consumption of smoking tobacco has contracted considerably over the past two decades. From a position of comparative stability during the early 1990s, the market declined steadily from 1996 until 2003 before recovering by 2005. However, this was followed by substantial contraction following a series of tax increases between 2005 and 2008. This culminated in a massive drop in demand in 2008.
- Smoking tobacco accounted for only 1.2% of overall tobacco sales.
- Snus has a dominant position.
- A tax change in 2013 led to a further major drop in sales in 2014.
- Annual sales in 2014 were down 82.9% compared to 1990 levels.
- The reason for the dramatic decline in sales can be traced to a 60% hike in excise duty at the beginning of 2008, which appeared to push Swedish and visiting smokers towards other products.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Smoking segment is predicted to create more absolute $ opportunity as compared to the smokeless segment Organic tobacco is majorly used in smoking products such as cigarettes and RYO and is expected to ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
Market Insights The Global Tobacco Packaging market is valued at USD 14.65 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD 18.00 billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 3.5% ...