Table of Contents
Smoking Tobacco in Norway, 2016
"Smoking Tobacco in Norway, 2016" is an analytical report by GlobalData that provides extensive and highly detailed current and future market trends in the Norwegian tobacco market. It covers market size and structure along with per capita and overall consumption. Additionally, it focuses on brand data, retail pricing, prospects, and forecasts for sales and consumption until 2025.
The overall tobacco market consists of manufactured cigarettes, smoking tobacco, cigars/cigarillos, snuff (snus), and chewing tobacco, all of which totals to 3,643 tons in 2015. This is 2.4% down from 2014. Smoking tobacco is the third largest segment within the market and accounts for 16.5% of volumes in 2014.
Fine cut tobacco (FCT) accounts for 99.8% of smoking tobacco volumes each year; the consumption of pipe tobacco remains marginal and stood at just one ton in 2015.
- Smoking tobacco is the third largest segment within the market and accounts for 16.5% of volumes in 2014. The consumption of smoking tobacco stood at 601 tons in 2015 with consumption falling annually over the past two decades. Per capita consumption fell from 834g in 1990 to 115.4g in 2015.
- PMI is the leader of FCT in Norway. It maintained its top position throughout the years. STG has the second highest share, at 40.3% in 2015. Imperial Tobacco ranks third with 4.1%.
- The Petteroes and Tiedemanns brands dominate the market with 53.7% and 38.9% of volumes, respectively.
Reasons to buy
- Get a detailed understanding of consumption to align your sales and marketing efforts with the latest trends in the market.
- Identify the areas of growth and opportunities, which will aid effective marketing planning.
- The differing growth rates in regional product sales drive fundamental shifts in the market.
- This report provides detailed, authoritative data on these changes - prime intelligence for marketers.
- Understand the market dynamics and essential data to benchmark your position and to identify where to compete in the future.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Smoking segment is predicted to create more absolute $ opportunity as compared to the smokeless segment Organic tobacco is majorly used in smoking products such as cigarettes and RYO and is expected to ...
This report provides insight into the current market scenario, structure and practices. In depth market scenario includes: - Current market size estimate - Revenues by players - Top 5 Companies - Market ...
Market Insights The Global Tobacco Packaging market is valued at USD 14.65 billion in 2016 and is expected to reach a value of USD 18.00 billion by the end of 2022, growing at a projected CAGR of 3.5% ...