Table of Contents
EpiCast Report: Hodgkin’s Lymphoma - Epidemiology Forecast to 2024
Hodgkin’s lymphoma (HL), also known as Hodgkin’s disease, is a type of lymphoma, a cancerous condition that affects the lymphatic system and occurs in both children and adults. HL is a rare disease that starts with abnormal growth of the white blood cells, called lymphocytes, which spreads beyond the lymphatic system and impairs the body’s immune system.
According to the American Cancer Society (ACS), HL can start anywhere in the lymphoid tissue of body, but quite often starts in the upper part of body with main sites in the neck, the chest, or under the arms. HL mostly spreads through lymph vessels to other lymph nodes, and in advanced stages can even invade the bloodstream and spread to other organs including the liver, lungs, and bone marrow. The most common symptoms of HL include enlarged lymph nodes under the skin of the neck, under the arm, or in the groin, fever (which can come and go over several days or weeks) without an infection; drenching night sweats, and weight loss.
To forecast the diagnosed incident cases and five-year diagnosed prevalent cases of HL in 7MM, GlobalData epidemiologists obtained data from population-based studies that provided country-specific data in each of the 7MM. In addition, GlobalData epidemiologists used the staging system for HL known as the Cotswold system, which is a modification of the older Ann Arbor system, to segment the diagnosed incident cases of HL in the 7MM into stages I, II, III, and IV.
GlobalData epidemiologists forecast an increase in the diagnosed incident cases of HL in the 7MM from 23,662 diagnosed incident cases in 2014 to 28,397 diagnosed incident cases in 2024 at an Annual Growth Rate (AGR) of 2%. The increase in the diagnosed incident cases of HL was partly attributed to the moderately rising trend in the incidence of HL in the 7MM, combined with changes in the population demographics in the respective markets.
- The Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (HL) EpiCast Report provides an overview of the risk factors and global trends of HL in the 7MM (US, France, Germany, Italy, Spain, UK and Japan). It includes a 10-year epidemiology forecast for the diagnosed incident cases of HL, segmented by age, sex, and clinical stage at diagnosis, and types (classical HL and nodular lymphocyte predominant HL, with classical HL further segmented into subtypes such as nodular sclerosis, mixed cellularity, lymphocyte-rich, and lymphocyte-depleted) in these markets. In addition, GlobalData epidemiologists provide a 10-year epidemiological forecast for the five-year diagnosed prevalent cases of HL, as well as the number of HL diagnosed incident cases refractory to chemo- and radiation therapy, the number of HL diagnosed incident cases who received autologous stem cell transplantation (ASCT), and HL diagnosed incident cases refractory to ASCT from 2014-2024 in these markets.
- The HL epidemiology report is written and developed by Masters- and PhD-level epidemiologists.
- The EpiCast Report is in-depth, high quality, transparent and market-driven, providing expert analysis of disease trends in the 7MM.
Reasons to buy
The Hodgkin’s Lymphoma (HL) EpiCast series will allow you to -
- Develop business strategies by understanding the trends shaping and driving the global HL market.
- Quantify patient populations in the global HL market to improve product design, pricing, and launch plans.
- Organize sales and marketing efforts by identifying the age groups and sex that present the best opportunities for HL therapeutics in each of the markets covered.
- Identify the percentage of HL diagnosed incident cases by type and treatment.
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
PharmaPoint: Colorectal Cancer - Global Drug Forecast and Market Analysis to 2025 Summary Colorectal Cancer (CRC) Market, considering the sales of both branded treatments and generic chemotherapy, is expected ...
Use this report to: - Analyze the global prostate cancer market, with important statistics and analysis on existing drugs, and diagnostic technologies. - Receive information on regulatory environment, ...
Global Prostate Cancer Therapeutics Market: Overview This report on the prostate cancer therapeutics market analyzes the current and future scenario of the global market. Increasing prevalence of prostate ...