Table of Contents
Continuous Positive Airway Pressure Devices Market 2016-2020
Covering: A detailed analysis of the positive airway pressure devices market by product type, including CPAP devices and accessories and by geography (the Americas, APAC, and EMEA). The report also covers the present scenario and the growth prospects of this market and highlights the key vendors, namely ResMed, Philips Healthcare, and Fisher & Paykel.
Market outlook of the continuous positive airway pressure devices market
Continuous positive airway pressure therapy is the most common treatment for obstructive sleep apnea that uses continuous mild air pressure. These devices are used to keep the airways open during sleep and also to control the output pressure keeping the airflow pressure constant. The global continuous positive airway pressure devices market is just budding and offers high growth opportunity, and hence is expected to progress with steady growth, posting a CAGR of nearly 7% during the forecast period.
One of the major drivers of the market is high prevalence of sleep disorders. It is estimated that over 350 million people worldwide suffer from sleep apnea. Thus, the increasing awareness of sleep apnea and associated comorbid conditions such as high blood pressure, and obesity have led to increased demand for sleep apnea diagnostic and therapeutic devices. Similarly, advances in technology such as improved mask design, oral appliances, and use of oxygen devices are expected to provide support to continuous positive airway pressure users.
Segmentation by product type and analysis of - CPAP devices and accessories
A CPAP device is used to maintain a continuous level of PAP and is used to treat preterm babies whose lungs have not yet fully developed. CPAP devices comply with all age groups and are cost-effective, simple, and easy to use. This segment dominated the market with total market share of nearly 56% in 2015.
This report offers an analysis of each of the following segments and discusses its impact on the overall market growth –
- Continuous positive airway pressure (CPAP) devices
Geographical segmentation and analysis of - Americas, APAC, EMEA
The continuous positive airway pressure devices market is currently dominated by the Americas, accounting for a market share of almost 59%, followed by the EMEA region and the APAC region. In the Americas, the US was the largest revenue contributor because of the increased diagnosis of sleep apnea in patients.
This report offers an analysis of each of the following segments and discusses its impact on the overall market growth -
Competitive landscape and key vendors -
The majority of the continuous positive airway pressure devices market is dominated by reputed international vendors while the remaining market is fragmented. The dominating vendors compete among each other based on factors such as product features, price and reliability. However, the emerging players are developing innovative devices to treat obstructive sleep apnea (OSA) and other sleep related respiratory conditions, which could pose a threat to major vendors in terms of revenue and sales.
The top vendors in the market are -
- Philips Healthcare
- Fisher & Paykel
Other prominent vendors include 3B Medical, Apex Medical, Apria Healthcare, Armstrong Medical, BMC Medical, Bremed, Cardinal Health, Curative Medical, Dehaier Medical Systems, DeVilbiss Healthcare, Drager Medical, Genstar Technologies, Hans Rudolph, Heinen + Lowenstein, Hersill, Heyer Medical, HOFFRICHTER GmbH, InnoMed Technologies, Intersurgical, Invacare, Medtronic, PAHSCO, Penlon, Pneumocare, Pulmodyne, Sleepnet, Smiths Medical, SOMNETICS, Sturdy Industrial, and Weinmann Gerate fur Medizin.
Key questions answered in the report include
- What will the market size and the growth rate be in 2020?
- What are the key factors driving the global continuous positive airway pressure devices market 2016-2020?
- What are the key market trends impacting the growth of the global continuous positive airway pressure devices market 2016-2020?
- What are the challenges to market growth?
- Who are the key vendors in the global continuous positive airway pressure devices market 2016-2020?
- What are the market opportunities and threats faced by the vendors in the global continuous positive airway pressure devices market 2016-2020?
- What are the trending factors influencing the market shares of the APAC, EMEA, and the Americas?
- What are the key outcomes of the five forces analysis of the global continuous positive airway pressure devices market 2016-2020?
Technavio also offers customization on reports based on specific client requirement.
- Global Respiratory Devices Market 2014-2018
- Global Pressure Relief Devices Market 2015-2019
- Global Coronary Artery Disease Treatment Devices Market 2015-2019
- Global Sleep Apnea Diagnostic and Therapeutic Devices Market 2015-2019
- Global Hyperbaric Oxygen Therapy Devices Market: Industry Analysis 2015-2019
Get Industry Insights. Simply.
Talk to Veronica
+1 718 514 2762
Global market for mechanical ventilator is anticipated to register revenue of about $3.7 billion by 2022, growing at a CAGR of 5.2% during the period. The largest share of the market is expected to be ...
North America market for mechanical ventilator is anticipated to register a growth of 3.9% CAGR of during the 2016-2022. The largest share of the market is expected to be captured by intensive care mechanical ...
Europe market for mechanical ventilator is anticipated to register a growth of 4.4% CAGR during the period. Non-Invasive respiratory support contains sensors and automatically modifies ventilation according ...